icon

subs make sound when i shut off radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
car - 2007 Chrysler 300C System - stock radio, two twelves, sony xm-2002gtr amp, pac 2 converter Problem - installed everything and was working fine,then I turned off the radio and the subs started hitting like a constant low note. When I turn on the radio it goes away. I lowered the gain settings on the amp and it still does it. The amp ground is in the trunk where a bunch of ground wires were grounded. The power is on the pos. side of the battery and the remote is on a fuse in a fuse box in the trunk also. Don't know where to begin to look. If you might have an ideal please share with me. Thanks in advance!
underground 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
The twelves are dual brand twelves in a bandpass box with l.e.d.s that light up on the subs. I wired the neg. to the ground on the amp and the pos. on the remote wire an the amp.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
The main problem is that the amplifier is staying on when you turn the radio off. Second problem is that the PAC adapter is connected to the speakers that are in the same space as the subwoofers. When the radio is turned off, the sub makes a slight pop, this in turn moves the speakers mounted in the rear deck, when the speaker moves it in turn produces voltage, sending voltage to the amplifier, making the subs move, and it all begins again.
Is the adapter in the trunk? or did yo connect it behind the radio?
underground 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
The adapter is in the trunk. So what makes you say the amp is staying on? Just curious? Thanks. How do I fix it then?
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

The remote terminal on the amp, you had to connect a wire to that terminal to get the amp to turn on.  What does the other end of that wire connect to?    If you connect the adapter behind the radio it will help with this problem.  If you connect it to the front speaker wires, behind the radio, it will completly eliminate the problem.

i am an idiot 
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

underground wrote:
So what makes you say the amp is staying on? Just curious? Thanks. How do I fix it then?

You also said , I turned off the radio and the subs started hitting like a constant low note.   That is what is making me think that the amp is remaining on after the radio is turned off.  If the amp was turning off with the radio, it would not be making any noise.

underground 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Good point, did some research on the pac oem-2 it has a remote turn on feature that I am going to try and see if it stops. Thanks for the advice!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic