2005 honda s2000 compustar, unlock, rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I am in the process of installing a Compustar Pro 2WSSR into my 2005 Honda S2000.
Door Unlock - I am having an issue with the door unlock not working properly. I used a 5wi setup as described in the wiring diagram. The door lock works just fine with the 5wi setup. I tied the YELLOW /GREEN and pink/blue wires together into the 5wi setup since it shows there are 2 unlock wires.
Remote Start - I am in the initial testing phases of the remote start. I have not hooked up the keysense (is it needed?), clutch, or immobilizer bypass.
My testing is as follows: (1) set car in remote start reservation mode (2) push in clutch (3) insert key but did not turn the key (4) remote start the car. It would not crank but the dash lights flash.
I tried this again but in step 3, I turned the key to the accessory position. The result was the same.
I tried this again but in step 3, I turned the key to the ignition position. The car was able to start. It sounds like I may have one or both of the ignition wires hooked up incorrectly. I used the BLACK / YELLOW (1st ignition) and the BLACK/ red (2nd ignition controlled by relay)
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Let me add that my factory keyfob doesn't work anymore.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

you got me confused on your lock wires. you hooked up both lock wires?

call for cusomer support

"dont ground out!"
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
There was only one lock wire and I hooked it up and it worked. There are 2 unlock wires (I assume one is for driver's side and the other is for passenger side). I tied both of these together.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2005 Honda S2000 and I think the lock/unlock motor may be damaged. It works when I lock it but it does not work when I unlock it.   During unlock, I hear the motor trying to work but it does not unlock. Can half of the motor be damaged or did I miswire something during my alarm installation?
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

2 unlock wires on the s2000 or the unit?

If your talking about the ORANGE / black wire that is a second output mainly for drivers priority unlock. It is not for the passenger door.

that output sends a 250mA ground signal to the factory unlock wire which is the same as when you push the button in the car. If it only unlock the drivers door then program option 1-5-2 for double pulse unlock. if you do not how to do that with a two way remote: follow the steps below
1) press and hold buttons 1+2 for 3 seconds (the parking light will flash once)

2) tap button IV(4) a total of 5 times (the parkinglights will flash everytime you press button IV)

3) wait.....The parkinglights will confirm 5 flashes

4) when the parkinglight are done flashing press button II(2) and you'll get 2 flashes and BAM your done. Double pulse unlock. 

"dont ground out!"
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm talking about 2 unlock wires on the s2000. See below: YELLOW /GREEN, pink/blue
Power Lock       pink/black       5wi       keyless entry module
Notes: The keyless entry module is located in the driver kick behind the start button.
Power Unlock       YELLOW /GREEN & pink/blue       5wi       keyless entry module
Notes: The keyless entry module is located in the driver kick behind the start button.
Lock Motor       pink/black       5wi       keyless entry module
Unlock Motor       YELLOW /GREEN       5wi       keyless entry module
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
it either works both ways or none at all so the second answer applies.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

f00dstamps wrote:
 Let me add that my factory keyfob doesn't work anymore.

f00dstamps wrote:
Door Unlock - I am having an issue with the door unlock not working properly. I used a 5wi setup as described in the wiring diagram. The door lock works just fine with the 5wi setup. I tied the YELLOW /GREEN and pink/blue wires together into the 5wi setup since it shows there are 2 unlock wires.

I can see what had happened, most likely you blew a fuse or worse you fried the keyless module. Don't use the fac keyfob until you get the unlock wiring rectified.  Lock & unlock wires are usually rest at ground. S2000 has a priority driver door unlock, Since you connected both the unlock wires together, you created a short circuit from driver unlock (12V+) to passenger unlock (ground). If you want to unlock both doors, you can just cut the passenger unlock wire (pink/ blue) in half and connect the motor side to the motor side of the driver unlock wire together. Tape up the pink/blue from the keyless module. Then you are done. If you want to keep the priority unlock intact, then use the following diagram.

All the solid red lines are supposed to be connected together.

2005 honda s2000 compustar, unlock, rs -- posted image.

f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Mooliter,
Thanks for the response. I will stop using the factory keyfob until I get the wiring rectified. The trunk release still works and the keyless entry module still responds to the lock and unlock commands as indicated by the parking lights flashing. However, I do not hear the motor working during the lock function; During unlock, I hear the motor working but it will no unlock. I think it's partially broken but not fully fried.
I have my wiring setup with the alarm system where it successfully locks the doors. The unlock exhibits the exact same symptoms as the factory keyfob does. That's why I thought that I may have damaged the motor. I will look at the wiring this afternoon after work.
Couldn't I test the door locks by unplugging the keyless entry module too and utilizing the compustar? I have a strong suspicions that the door motor is damage
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic