icon

viper 5701 97 camaro z28

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customit 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Im having a couple of problems with a new install...

1. Locking and unlocking works, and have been conected to the wires specified in the manual. however when the RAP has timed out you cant unlock the doors via remote... same as if you were trying to press the buttons in the car... do i need to use a seperate relay to unlock the doors after RAP time out?

2. Remote starting the vehicle works, but i get traction control, ABS and a check engine light appear on the dash. If i put the keys in and turn to run and put my foot on the brake the lights go out all bar check engine (ill need to get it scanned and reset). This only happens on remote start, starting the car normally works fine...

Wires have been installed per manual...

anyone got any idea's? especially on the remote start side of things...

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to wake up the BCM by pulsing the door trigger when unlocking with the remote. Did you connect the orange accessory wire? According to DEI it's a must....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
customit 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
You should be able to wake up the BCM by pulsing the door trigger when unlocking with the remote. Did you connect the orange accessory wire? According to DEI it's a must....

ill look to find out which wire ill need to where to pulse the bcm... thanks for that...

In regards to 2. I have connected the orange wire on the Alarm to the HVAC Orange wire as per instructions... actually to it off the back of the fat orange wire on the connection block to the rear defroster.

Just to note, there were 2 fat pink wires in the ignition loom, i pined both with a multimeter and seem to be on the same circuit so only connected one... is it possible the other needs to be connected using a relay? thing is i cant find any detailed wiring diagrams for the looms.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
Only one way to find out, remote start it and then check if they both have power. Also try this to see if power at the orange exists at the ignition switch. The orange at the defroster may not be the same wire. Understand you are simulating yourself physically turning your key on when you remote start. Any wires powered up off the switch when you use the key should be powered when you press that button to start it(at the key switch)....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
customit 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
Only one way to find out, remote start it and then check if they both have power. Also try this to see if power at the orange exists at the ignition switch. The orange at the defroster may not be the same wire. Understand you are simulating yourself physically turning your key on when you remote start. Any wires powered up off the switch when you use the key should be powered when you press that button to start it(at the key switch)....

Thanks thats been a realy help, ill test those wires again, just incase...

I got the codes read, and it was complaining about evap canistor circuit, and emissions valve... reset them. and everything seems to be ok... no funny lights about ABS etc on the dash when remote starting...

i recon i upset something... i obviously need a bigger hammer... if i have any more questions ill be back...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic