icon

08 tacoma 2ign 2 start how w viper 5701

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
craniumvibratio 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 08 Tacoma and Have never done a vehicle with two starters and two ignitions together. From what I understand with the Viper 5701 alarm I need to program the pink/blk ( flex relay ) wire to be used as a second starter. I think that is a new feature. The rest of all the Alarm wires are standard DEI colors. I think the idea behind this is to no have to use a second relay, and use the internal one. I could be wrong. ???   I guess what I am looking for is a wire to wire connection. I will post the color code for my truck below. Any help would be appreciated.
Battery       WHITE/ BLUE      (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
Ignition 1    BLACK/ RED       (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
Ignition 2    BLUE / YELLOW     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
Accessory 1   WHITE/ GREEN     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
Starter 1     GREEN/ BLACK     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
Starter 2     BLACK/ WHITE     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
If you want, use the flex for the second starter and use small purple on the 5-pin relay harness to drive a relay for your second starter. Put a diode in line between the small purple and the relay coil to prevent feedback.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog wrote:
If you want, use the flex for the second starter and use small purple on the 5-pin relay harness to drive a relay for your second starter. Put a diode in line between the small purple and the relay coil to prevent feedback.
So I am assuming you mean use the pink/blk wire for the second starter and use the Small purple on the 5-pin harness to activate a relay for th second ignition. I think that is what you were heading at. Hear is a quick drawing of what I think I need. any info is welcomed
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
08 tacoma 2ign 2 start how w viper 5701 -- posted image.
Sorry Didnt work the first time.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh, set up the flex relay for second start. That way you can use 87a as the key side for starter kill purposes, and the 87 as vehicle side. Or, pink/black- key, pink/white-car. Same way as the purple and green for usual starter kill.
That takes care of your starters.
Then, take another relay, 30 and 86 to +12V, 87 to the second ignition, and 85 to the -ve ignition out (small pink, green plug if I remember).
That takes care of your second ignition.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2008 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
gus1 wrote:
Ahhh, set up the flex relay for second start. That way you can use 87a as the key side for starter kill purposes, and the 87 as vehicle side. Or, pink/black- key, pink/white-car. Same way as the purple and green for usual starter kill.
That takes care of your starters.
Then, take another relay, 30 and 86 to +12V, 87 to the second ignition, and 85 to the -ve ignition out (small pink, green plug if I remember).
That takes care of your second ignition.
Just to make sure I know what you are talking about. and why this is done. The pink/black key and the pink/white car. will this disconect the two when the car is started that way there is no grinding when the truck is running under remote start???
The ignition triger would be the small pink wire that will output a negative signal to the 85 pin? Correct ???
I hope I understood that correctly.
Thanks
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, just like the purple and green. When the system is armed or under remote start, they will open the starter wires for starter kill/anti grind purposes. Because you have two starter wires, this will give you two start wires with starter kill.
And yes, the small pink is used to trigger a relay to give you higher current second ignition.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2008 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=Big Dog]use the flex for the second starter and use small purple on the 5-pin relay harness to drive a relay for your second starter. QUOTE]

DOH kinda redundant huh?

I meant flex for 2nd IGN and small purple for 2nd START. Sorry about the confusion.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
thanks I will try this out this weekend. any info on the door locks should I isolate each one or just 5 wire? ( i dont know where to hit it for the 5 wire though)
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
craniumvibratio, using 87a for the second start like you have highlighted won't work. The reason DEI gives you that pink/black wire is to simplify the install on a car where the ignition wire must be isolated from the switch during remote start.
Big Dog and gus1 are right on with the stuff they've posted.
Your connection for the locks will depend on how you want them to operate.
The green (-) lock output will go to the lock wire from the driver's key cylinder. The blue (-) unlock output will go to the unlock wire from the key cylinder.
If you don't care about driver's priority unlocking, at that point you could program the alarm for double pulse unlock and be done with it.
If you want priority unlocking, you'd also use the blue (-) 2nd unlock output from the H2 harness on the 8701. I would suggest connecting this to the unlock wire from the lock switch on the inside.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic