icon

brake lights in an old delivery truck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2008 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
A bunch of people at work are pulling funds to create a Tailgating truck. They bought a 1977 Delivery truck, not sure what kind. We removed the rear bumper which had the brake lights in it that didn't work anyway. I'm putting in new wiring and lights. I bought a trailer wiring kit from Wal-Mart to get my lights and wiring, but now I'm to the point that I'm not sure how to do this.
I don't want to try to figure out what's already on the truck because it's a big mess as it's been redone several times. I want to put in a new switch on the brake pedal and everything. What do I need to accomplish fully wiring the brake lights and signal lights? How do I wire it up? I've done remote starts in the past, so I'm not new to wiring that aspect of the vehicle at least, this is just new to me. Thanks!
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
The first thing you need to do is figure out if your going to run a two or three bulb tail light. Two bulb, one dual filament (one filament handles turn and brake and the other does running lights) and a single for the back up lights. A three bulb would be easier, one bulb handles the brake, one bulb handles turn (on one filament) and running (on the other filament) and a back up.
I just drew this out quickly. I believe this is the way it works.brake lights in an old delivery truck -- posted image.
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to put in a switch for the running lights, just apply 12v.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic