04 acura tl will not unlock when started

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ony215 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

has the valet 591 and bypass,

trying to use the stock keypad but couldnt get it hooked up two neg pulses, the car was starting off the passenger side lock, but took that off and now using the valet pad.  Thing is would like to use oem keypad due to functions, anyway to get it to work since the keypad does not work when the car is started? let me kknow the bets way to get this thing going. Thanks Joe.

also running the relays do both of them feed back on the same line, white -fasctory disarm wire?

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2008 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

It is not uncommon for the keyless systems not to work when the vehicle is running. 

The only thing I can think of that will possibly help you is to find the switched 12 volt wire on the keyless module, and cut it.  I am not sure if this will work for you but it is all I can think of.  According to Audiovox, look AT KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL.  I am sure there will be 10 or so wires connecting to it.  You will have to use a meter to find the wire that goes hot when the key is turned on.  If you cut this wire, the keyless module should work for you when the car is running.

If this allows you to inlock the doors when it is remote started, but you are having other issues (I can't think of any reason killing the switched wire would cause any issues)  you could use a relay triggered by the remote start unit, to kill power to the module only when the car is remote started.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
I've never tried it before, but I do believe cutting that wire leads to all sorts of other issues with the car.  The Hondas don't have "keyless modules", they have CAN based BCMs.  You would have to cut the switched power from the BCM while the vehicle is running.  There was a post on here years ago about this.
Kevin Pierson
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Does the keyless remote have a button to open the trunk?  Will it open the trunk with the motor running?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic