icon

2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
I don't beleive the 07 SD needs to wait to start to begin with. I've done a few without with no problems...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
I don't beleive the 07 SD needs to wait to start to begin with. I've done a few without with no problems...

You I just got done with an 08 f250 Diesal and it didn't have wait to start, or need the xk04 immobilizer.  But my door triggers ended upbeing positive.  Damn that direcwire

scottwilkes 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

I also have an 07 King Ranch (F-350 Diesel) and would like to add the window control units (530t) to my truck.  I have a DEI 5900 that I had installed at a shop in Tampa when we lived there (now live in Dallas).  Is it necessary to cut holes in the doors to accomodate the additional wires or can it be run through the existing harness?  I want to take it to someone and have all four doors done, but I don't want extra holes, so if that is what it takes, I will probably pass on having it done.

I appreciate anyone's opinions on adding these to a F-350.

Thanks!

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it can be done without cutting any holes. The only door they will have to go into will be the drivers door. For the other 3 windows, the wires will be in the drivers kick. Just be sure you tell whoever you take it to, that you want the wires running through the existing drivers door boot. It is a pain, but it can be done.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Here are the wire colors. 

2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.LF Window UpWHITE/ BLACK(REV)DRIVER WINDOW MOTOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.LF Window DnTAN/LIGHT BLUE(REV)DRIVER WINDOW MOTOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.RF Window UpTAN/LIGHT BLUE(REV)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.RF Window DnWHITE/ YELLOW(REV)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.LR Window UpYELLOW/LIGHT BLUE(REV)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.LR Window DnGRAY/ORANGE(REV)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.RR Window UpRED / BLACK(REV)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.RR Window DnYELLOW/BLACK(REV)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.Sunroof OpenTAN/RED(REV)SUNROOF CONTROL SWITCH
2007 F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Diesel Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.Sunroof CloseWHITE/ RED(REV)SUNROOF CONTROL SWITCH

scottwilkes 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info.  I kind of doubt that I will do it myself, but thanks for the wire info all the same.

I rarely work on my own vehicles anymore, but I couldn't help but notice that the boot that goes from the vehicle to the door is a molded plug on the vehicle side.  How do they get the wires through there?  Are there spare wires that they can use or do they drill through it?  Seems like there is no way to get from the vehicle to the door.  I would like to make sure that if I take it to have it done, that I know what can and can't be done with it.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
scottwilkes 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help.  I think I'll look around this weekend for someone who can install it through the connector.  One of those pictures showed exactly what I didn't want someone to do to my truck!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic