icon

door chimes all the time, 06 town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akwormy 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Finally got the astro qs-2w (4204) installed in the 06 town and country using the pkuch2x bypass kit. Tested it all out and it's fully functioning. However....

...it acts like a key is in the ignition all the time - so any time you open a door it dings and drives you bonkers!

I know this isn't right because there's no way a customer would stand for it (and definitely no way my wife will!)

I traced it so I know what the problem is but I don't know why or how to fix it - It's the pink wire (ignition) and the violet white (mux) wire...if I remove either of those from the bypass module harness the dinging stops...

help! How do I fix the crazy dinging?

akwormy 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

figured it out and fixed it - the directions that came with the PKUCH2X said that violet/white was mux....but the new directions on the website say that you cut the mux wire - ignition switch side goes to the green wire, and the BCM side goes to the violet/white wire.

problem solved - it's working great, this site was a huge help, ChrisWallace, kartuneman, and others - thanks!

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Wow.... didn't even post a reply and got a thanks..... cool, and your more than welcome my friend.

Anytime anyone posts about Astro I will try and chime in.... and I most of the time will forward it to Patrick @ Astroflex.

I love the Astro product!

akwormy 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

one other question - everything is working right with the remote starter, but I've noticed since finishing it that the starter doesn't disengage as fast as it did on the suburban I took the astrostart off of.

It's not a grinding like if you hit the key while running, but the starter is staying running for a second or so after the engine fires...if there's something that will cure this I'd like to do it...

thanks!

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
Did you reprogram the tach signal for the new vehicle?
Kevin Pierson
akwormy 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

I did - as a 6cyl with 800 rpm...I didn't try the autotach as I read about some problems with it failing after a while. I can double check the programming though if that could be a possible cause. (it wouldn't run at all if I failed to get a proper tach signal from the coil correct?)

I also noticed my hood switch isn't killing the engine (and it was at one point)...guess I need to see if I reprogrammed it or my switch has gone bad or what...

gremechar 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing the basic alarm without remote start and starter kill

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic