icon

astrostart 5204 left/right door ajar ligh

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gotbiod 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
2006 F-250 DIESEL with A/S 5204 w/ALARM gives me RIGHT DOOR AJAR dash message  when the right door is opened and then switches to LEFT DOOR AJAR message.  RIGHT/LEFT DOOR AJAR flashes (toggles) back and forth while the door remains open.  When I close the right door, the LEFT DOOR AJAR message shows up on the message center, but the LEFT door was never opened at all.  Only the RIGHT door was opened.   There's more...............but let's go one step at a time.  Can anyone assist with this?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
astrostart 5204 left/right door ajar ligh -- posted image.LF Latch YELLOW/BLACK (-) AT VSM MODULE OR IF NO KEYLESS ENTRY AT CLUSTER PIN 24 OUT OF 26 BLUE PIN 
astrostart 5204 left/right door ajar ligh -- posted image.RF Latch GREY/RED (-) AT VSM OR IF NO KEYLESS ENTRY AT CLUSTER PIN 23 OUT OF 26 BLUE PIN 
astrostart 5204 left/right door ajar ligh -- posted image.LR Latch LIGHT GREEN/ YELLOW (-) AT VSM OR WITHOUT KEYLESS COMMON TO RIGHT FRONT TRIGGER 
astrostart 5204 left/right door ajar ligh -- posted image.RR Latch PINK/BLACK (-) AT VSM OR WITHOUT KEYLESS COMMON TO RIGHT FRONT TRIGGER

Are these the wires you used?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Are the door pins isolated?  And are you using BOTH of the trigger inputs on the Astro? (purple, and white)
gotbiod 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
Are the door pins isolated?  And are you using BOTH of the trigger inputs on the Astro? (purple, and white)

No visable door pins that I can see.  Activation by door handle when interior light comes on?  I am not sure.  This has become a DIY fix since my installer is no longer an Astro dealer and claims he no longer has any Astro techs to check it.  I have a copy of the install manual but not sure as to which connections to trace back to to the Ford harness connections.  I am gathering as much info as possible before attempting to fix. THANKS SO MUCH.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

gotbiod: you installer may not be a dealer.... but he IS still an installer isn't he?

This is an install error, not a product problem.  The colors to look at for your door pins are on the P1 connector.

follow these to were they are connected. The purple should go to 12v, and the white should connect to the truck with diodes in line.

diodes like this   there should be 2 diodes for EACH DOOR.

gotbiod 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

I will trace back from the P1 and see where that takes me.  Thanks KTM.

My dealer/installer just sounded like he didn't want to be bothered.  I don't feel like driving 50 miles for a face-to face.  I wrote A/S Canada an email.  No reply to that either.  Guess it was a hostile takeover/buyout.  I can fix this.  Just need the correct wiring diagrams. 

gotbiod 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
KTM,  2 diode for each door.  Understand.  Rear doors too?  It's a CREW CAB.  Maybe that's where the problem is?
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Whats ther name of "your astro dealer?"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic