icon

Window activation on a 2000 Ford Ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bianchina3 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT that I have installed a Crimestopper remote start and it works exactly like it is supposed to. I would like to use the unused truck activation to roll down the windows. Does any one have an idea how to do it?
Ed
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
You need a window module. Here is one:
2 window Power Window Control Module
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
bianchina3 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Is there no way to activate it from the outputs on a alarm? Mine sends a momentary negative pulse to the output. It will also send a solid negative pulse to the wire for as long as you hold the button down. I tried putting in a relay to switch itover to a positive pulse but it didn't work.
Ed
MCubed45 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

don't buy a module you can do it yourself for cheap.. the module's jsut a bunch've relays.  first off i think you kinda need to know what kinda switching system your windows use.  that's the tricky part.  i have aftermarket power windows.  with mine the motor leads are usually 'floating'.  when they need to be moved the switch sends +12v to one lead and a ground to the other.  when it needs to be moved in the other direction the current is just reversed.  i'm not sure how stock windows are normally wired but i imagine they are similar to door locks.  check the relays page on different door lock switch configurations.

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp

basically it's the same idea except instead of 'lock' and 'unlock' motor leads you have 'up' and 'down' window motor leads.  with my windows i would use the 4wire reversal setup.  also if you want you can use a latching relay you use a single channel on your alarm to make the windows go up and down.  the latching relay basically redirects your alarm signal to either your 'up' relays or 'down' relays.  otherwise you can only have one direction. 

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Drivers window Up: wht/blk   and Down: red
Passenger Window Up: tan/lt.blu   and Down: wht/yel
They are Type A at drivers door motor
The whole idea behind a window module is that they only require a pulse to trigger them and they will roll all the wayy up or down depending on ghow you set it up, and then stop once the window is up or down. if you just use your own relay setup then you have to watch the windows.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
jrilla wrote:
You need a window module. Here is one:
2 window Power Window Control Module
Hey jrilla, is the difference between that module, andthe dei 530t, that this one doesn't "vent" the windowsor add "1-touch"? Just curious. Thanks.
ole3k 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

I have about 20 spdt relays, can I do the windows roll up and down with them and put special switch to stop the window or put a timer relay,

ole

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic