icon

2002 ford escape 791xv door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
00sonoma 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

how do i wire the door locks on a 2002 for escape non-hybrid to a viper 791 xv, iw ould like to keep the priority locking like the factory alarm.

do i still need relays etc.

and is the factory alam disarm wire really needed to be connected on the viper?

thanks in advance Eric

00sonoma 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

anyone?

csb41502 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
i just hooked up the same alarm in my 03 escape.no relays needed for locks just hook unlock wire from 791 to light GREEN/ black and lock wire is WHITE/ violet.and also the disarm wire must be hooked up.its a neg disarm wire color is blue/light green.hook it up to a relay.disarm wire from 791 goes to pin 85,87 is ground,86 is 12 volts,and take a wire from pin 30 and tap into the blue/light green wire in car.the lock wires and disarm wire are in the drivers kick.any more questions just ask
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
PINK/WHITE
Lock requires a negative trigger thru a 1,000 ohm resistor. Unlock is a negative trigger. Must use relay on both.
The GEM (generic electronic module) is behind the center console on the floor. Pull off the black panel to the right of the gas pedal, there will be carpet covering it. The plugs face the driver side of the vehicle.
use the 451m module that comes with the 791, cut off the white and the brown wires, attach a 1k ohm resistor to the GREEN/ black, and then attach the GREEN/ black and the blue/black to the PINK/WHITE wire at the GEM module.
rtfm
00sonoma 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

ok will locks still work like factory,

"unlock once driver door unlock 2x unlocks all"

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
For priority unlocking, you'll need to interface directly with the driver's door unlock motor lead.
This should be RED / orange at the 26-pin plug at the GEM - you can verify it by first metering it(it should show 12 volts when the doors are unlocking), and then cutting it with plenty of room to reconnect both sides(at this time your driver's door lock should be inoperative but all the others should work fine with the switch or the remote).
I'm assuming you have that 451M, so you'll need to connect it as follows:
Violet - constant 12 volts
Blue/black - side of driver's unlock motor lead facing away from the GEM
BROWN / black - same wire, facing toward the GEM
Violet/black - ground. Note that you'll have to cut it away from the violet wire; this is normal.
GREEN/ black - through a 1000 ohm resistor to the pink/white lock switch wire.
WHITE/ black - N/C.
With that done, to have the rest of your doors unlock take the "(-) 2nd unlock" wire from the 791xv, and connect it directly to the pink/white lock switch wire on the car. If this fails to unlock the vehicle on the second press of the remote you'll need to use it with a relay; however in my experience it usually doesn't have problems activating the unlock on a Mazda/Ford door lock system.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Chris beat me to it, and i didn't see that you wanted priority locking.
thanks ChrisWallace187.
rtfm
00sonoma 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
where else can I pick up tach signal on this besides right at coil?
aboley01 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if the factory color code is the same for the 2002 escape vs. the 2007 escape non-hybrid??? I'm trying to keep the drivers door unlock priority as well. Girlfriend likes it cause she parks in a parking garage at work. I've been metering the damn wires for hours and can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Adam
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, the colors are different. You should be looking for a red /orange wire(+). This will be your drivers unlock wire. You can find in the drivers kick. It's the closest harness to you when you pop the kick panel cover. It runs straight down into the kick.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic