uh oh 12v, Hurricane Gustav

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
My trip to Middendorf's
Laplace U.S. 61 at 12:30, sheriff's deputy at every light. MAJOR northbound traffic. Turned left on 51 it was a bit congested. Got to the entrance ramp of 55 cars backed up to Shoney's. Took 51 north, no traffic. Gobs of traffic on 55 North. Ate and continued north on 51. Turned left on 22 and even had traffic there. When I got home and had to cross 61 again, there was a steady line of cars as far as I could see.
Did I mention that I heard on the TV this morning that there is a high pressure system in Texas and they think it might push the storm to mexico???
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Traffic has been a mess around here since yesterday morning. Grocery store shelves are practically empty and there's a vehicle at every gas pump with another waiting. I hope you're right and would love to see it make a turn to the south before it hits the Louisiana coast.

uh oh 12v, Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2008 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
MSY will close at 6PM tomorrow evening.
uh oh 12v, Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for that info.  He has changed his flight to fly into BTR and now he has heard it too will be closing Monday.  He is supposed to fly to Denver Wednesday for Cedia???  So now the plan is for him to stay in Dallas and Let the rest of them get home however they can.  Then he will fly back into MSY to get his vehicle.  

They said the storm had picked up to much speed and would beat that high pressure system to us.  No chance of a turn to Mehico.

i am an idiot 
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Knock Knock
the12volt 
Posted: September 01, 2008 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
We lost electricty early this mornng. Needless to say I'm on generator power now. The wind's not too bad yet, steady at 24 mph, gusts in mid to upper 40's. Watching the water flowing over the Industrial Canal walls: http://www.wwltv.com/video/?nvid=57429&live=yes
the12volt 
Posted: September 01, 2008 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
First pine tree just snapped in half in my neighbor's yard.
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Been without power since 11:15 A.M. Monday
Minimal property damage (to my property) Lost a couple trees that I wish were gone and they both fell right where I would have wanted them to. 5 uprooted trees within 100 yards of me. One next door took out his patio and one single branch of it came into the back window.
Andrew was but Childs Play. 5 times worse this time. Haven't made it to BR yet but for me this was much worse than Andrew
smoothdesignz 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hope everyone made it through the first one okay. I have a good friend in the National Guard here in Ohio that's headed down your way to help with relief efforts. Hopefully that was the worst you folks have to go through. Keep your heads down and your spirits up. Godspeed to all.
95 Mazda 626
Pioneer DEH-P960MP
DEI Stilleto
Boston Acoustic SL60 Front
Boston Acoustic S85 Rear
Alpine V12 MRV-F407
Alpine V12 MRV-T757
2 Rockford Fosgate P2D412
Python 990 Alarm/RemStart
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Went to My Dad's Camp today, it is on the Amite river, turned on his road and there was not a 10 foot section of it that did not have a tree across it. It was all cleared by this time but it looked like there was no chance of a camp 15 foot off of the ground, surrounded by 50 foot trees being still standing. Not only was it still standing, it was nearly unharmed. He lost the LNB of his satellite dish. Dish still in tact only the LNB was broke. He was so excited he cried.   Gotta get, still on generator.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic