icon

won't always crank with remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazycd1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 Buick Century that I just did an install on using a Mars-22 remote start and a crimestopper GM-SL bypass.
Every connection is soldered very well, all functions work as they should other then 90% of the time it fails to activate the starter at all, it goes through all the motions, all the relays activate, just note turning the starter... (first 2 times it didn't crank, then the next couple it did start, not its back to not cranking)
I used the smart start feature for the tach wire, but I don't think that's it, it did start a few times in a row fine (oddly in the middle of testing)
Any ideas the most likely source of the problem?
Thanks
crazycd1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Well I messed with it more... it will crank over if I have the key in the ignition in the "off" position. So I figured it must not be holding the programming in the bypass. I looked at that module more, there is a blue wire labeled "-input (ground-in)" so I grounded that to a bolt after hitting the start button and it worked. So from there I grounded that wire and put everything back together. Of course now it still won't crank on without the key in. (now the LED in the bypass is always lit solid)
I am pretty sure it's something to do with the GM-SL bypass, anyone good with them?
Thanks
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

crazycd1 wrote:
there is a blue wire labeled "-input (ground-in)" so I grounded that to a bolt after hitting the start button and it worked

That blue wire is supposed to connect to the remote starter's ground out while running wire, I think it is the orange wire (-) output while activated of the mars-22

crazycd1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
The orange is labeled anti-grind - out. I will try that one tomorrow, I could tell by the instruction that blue wire went to a - from the mars box, just had not clue which one, there were a few - wires left unused. Thanks a lot!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic