icon

2007 f 350 king ranch diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scottwilkes 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2008 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

I have an 07 F-350 dually, purchased in Tampa, that I bought to replace an 05 F-250.  When I bought it, it already had a Viper 5900 installed, but there are some things on it that I have questions about.  In a previous post I had asked about adding the window modules to it and was concerned about having to cut additional holes in the doors to accomodate the extra wires.  I now understand that it can be done without holes, so I am attempting to find a shop that can do that.  I have considered doing it myself, but quite frankly, I just don't have the time or desire.  While I am having that done, I may also like to change the way the alarm does a couple of things.  I at least want to find out what it would take to make the changes and decide if it is worth it or if it is something that I can do (with the help of a local Ford mechanic friend of mine).

1) My alarm trigger seems to be wired to the dome light, not to the door.  Each of the doors has it's own sensor that goes back to the computer.  Can the wiring be changed to sense the door(s) instead of the dome light?  Using the dome light is causing the alarm not to arm until the computer turns off the lights.

2) On my old F-250, when I would hit lock on the key fob, the interior lights (and running board lights) would go out.  I know for a fact that the dome light supervision is not connected (I can see the wire cut and taped off).  Is there a way to make the alarm do what my 05 used to do, turn off the lights when I used the factory key fob to lock the doors?

3) Finally, on my old truck, I used to have to press the unlock button twice to get all of the doors to unlock (once would just unlock the driver's side).  Can this alarm wiring be changed to allow that?

I know I don't want to tackle the window thing, but I would like to get as much information as I can on these other questions.  If it is not too difficult, it may be something I at least want to try.  If nothing else, I can tell whoever does the window modules exactly what I want done.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2008 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

2005 was then.... 2007 is now.

The dome light is easier trigger to install, rather than the door pins themselves. 8 diodes and some extra labor

to turn off all of the lights you wish to turn off when arm/lock, you will need to trigger a red, and a yellow (lock and arm) found

either in the drivers door  boot, or the VSM in the center under dash. Diode isolate, and pulse together, with lock output.

The drivers door unlock priority is also a lot more work.. the drivers unlock wire is RED / orange. wire it with a relay for reverse polarity You can find this

also in the door boot, or the VSM. trigger this with first unlock, and trigger the main unlock with 2nd unlock output. (if the unit has one)

scottwilkes 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2008 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan -

Thank you for the info.  I think what I will do, then, is see if I can find a shop here that will install the window modules with the wiring through the molex and then do the three things that you said could be done.  That way it should behave more as original equipment than an aftermarket alarm.  Thanks for your help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic