icon

’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
8erbox 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, new to the site here. I have gotten some great help here and now looking for help on a more specific problem. I did search a bit but found nothing addressing this problem.
Remote start will activate and crank the starter but the engine will not start. However if I leave the key in the ignition in the on position and use the remote start button it will turn over and run as it should.
Here is what I have hooked up:
Vehicle: 05' xB it did come w/Scion Security
Heavy gauge relay satellite connector
1:Purple (+) Starter output to starter (Starter side)
[color=red]Black small gauge from Ign Switch (Starter side)[/color]
2:Green Starter input from ignition (Key side)
[color=red]Black small gauge from Ign Switch (Key side)[/color]
3:Red (+) High current 12v input
[color=red]WHITE/ Blue from Ign Switch[/color]
4:Orange (+) Output to accessory circuit
[color=red]Blue/Red from Ign Column[/color]
5:Pink (+) Output to primary ignition circuit
[color=red]Black large gauge from Ign Switch[/color]
6:Red (+) (30A) High current 12v input
7:Pink/White (+) Output to second ignition circuit
[color=red]BLACK / YELLOW from Ign Switch [/color]
8:RED / White (+) (30A) High current 12v
Everything else seems to function properly besides the remote start. I do have the hood pin switch, and neutral safety switch hooked up and those are not causing the problem because the remote start would not activate if that was the problem. I have tested all connections with a multimeter and they are good so it is not a bad connection. The tach wire is connected and was confirmed/learned by the solid LED. Could the factory Scion Security be causing this? I have tried removing the connections to the modules and still the same problem.
If the other wires that I have connected are necessary to post I can do that for more help.
Please confirm if I have any wire out of place or another wire that needs to be connected for the remote start to function fully.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!
8erbox 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, to make this more readable.
1:Purple (+) Starter output to starter (Starter side)
Black small gauge from Ign Switch (Starter side)
2:Green Starter input from ignition (Key side)
Black small gauge from Ign Switch (Key side)
3:Red (+) High current 12v input
WHITE/ Blue from Ign Switch
4:Orange (+) Output to accessory circuit
Blue/Red from Ign Column
5:Pink (+) Output to primary ignition circuit
Black large gauge from Ign Switch
6:Red (+) (30A) High current 12v input
7:Pink/White (+) Output to second ignition circuit
BLACK / YELLOW from Ign Switch
8:RED / White (+) (30A) High current 12v
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

I didn't try to figure out what you may have missed, but following is the info that Audiovox has listed for that vehicle.  You may want to see if the info you have compares to theirs.  I did notice that there are 2 Ignition wires listed.  Do you have both of them powered?  Also do you have the KeySense wire grounded when attempting to remote start?

WIRECOLORPOLARITYLOCATION ’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.BatteryWHITE/ BLUE(+)IGNITION HARNESS
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Ignition 1BLACK(+)IGNITION HARNESS
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Ignition 2BLACK / YELLOW(+)IGNITION HARNESS
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Accessory 1BLUE/RED(+)IGNITION HARNESS
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Starter 1BLACK(+)IGNITION HARNESS
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Key SenseYELLOW(-)IGNITION HARNESS
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.TachometerBLACK(AC)DATA LINK CONN. BELOW FUSE BOX,PIN 9’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Crankshaft SensorORANGE(AC)AT ECM MODULE BEHIND GLOVEBOX
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Camshaft SensorBLACK(AC)AT ECM MODULE BEHIND GLOVEBOX
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Speed SensePURPLE / WHITE(AC)BACK OF FUSE BOX, 18 PIN CONN.
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Parking LightsGREEN(+)HEADLIGHT SWITCH’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Brake LightsGREEN/ RED(+)BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Reverse LightsRED / BLACK(+)TOP OF FUSE BOX,9 PIN PLUG
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.HornWHITE/ RED(-)STEERING COLUMN
’05 xb clifford 50.5x, remote start trouble -- posted image.Rear DefrostRED / BLACK

8erbox 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah both of the ignition wires are connected (Pink and Pink/White). I do not have the key sense wire hooked up currently. I did try wiring this wire to the ground when armed output (Orange) and the status output wire (Blue/White) with no fix.
I have the Pink wire connected to ign 1 and Pink/White connected to ign 2 BLACK / YELLOW.
I did test those wires while remote start is trying to activate and they both are energized.
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

To figure out if you have an ignition or a keysense problem, place the key in the ignitio, but leave it in the off position.  Try to remote start the vehicle.  Does it start now?   

8erbox 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I tried that. It will start with the remote starter if it is in the on (run) position.
8erbox 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried grounding the key sense wire already with no luck. It does the same thing. Could it be a bad unit? I did buy it from Fry's Electronics who is known for refurbished products.
Any other ideas, I have done literally everything I can think of with no outcome.
Thanks for your replies I appreciate someone helping me out!
8erbox 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
I noticed that ignition 1 (Black) functions like this:
ACC=12v
ON=12v
Crank=0v
Running=12v
Ignition 2 (BLACK / YELLOW):
ACC=0v
ON=12v
Crank=12v
Running=12v
Could this possibly need to be switched at the remote relay from alarm? Pink to BLACK / YELLOW and Pink/White to Black? I have tried so many things I may just burn up my starter lol... any input would be very helpful, thanks!
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
With the key in the ignition, but in the OFF position, does it start? I know it starts with the key in the on position. Does it start with just the key in the ignition but in the off position?   Until I figure out if it is keysense or ignition problems, we are just chasing our tail.
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
The Ignition 1 wire going dead when starting does not need to be duplicated when remote starting. It is the wire that kills the air conditioner and other possibly high current drawing non essential items to allow all current from battery to start the car easier.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic