icon

clifford matrix 3.3, 07 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07sxtram 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I have an 07 Dodge Ram that I am getting ready to put a Clifford Matrix 3.3 into.  I have read the install post on the site for this truck and my question is about the resistors. I have gone to 3 radio shacks and 2 different Fry's Electronics stores trying to find the correct resistors for the install. I have found 4 or 5 of the resistors listed in the post but cant find them all.  Will it work or will it do damage to the vehicle or the alarm if I dont use the exact ohm that is specified. I can get close if I combine a couple resistors and can be within 10 - 20 ohms of the requirement.  Is this an all or nothing deal?  If anyone has recommendations on where I can find the correct resistors any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

The 10 or 20 ohms is probably not going to affect anything if it is a high value resistor you are needing.  however if it is a 47 ohm resistor you are looking for, then the 10 or 20 ohms off is probably not going to work.  What value resistor is it that you can not find?

The only 2 values that may have a problem being 10 or 20 off, would be the 250 and the 330 ohm values. 

07sxtram 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
the resistors I can't find are 8.5kohm, 610 ohm and 1130 ohm. Will it be a problem if they are higher? Or is it better to go higher than lower
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
generally if you're within 10% off the required value, you'll be ok
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
10-20ohms out on those won't matter, use 1/4 watt or its equivalent because the rubbish they put in the DEI packs won't last 2 days in a loom. They are only fit for circuit board mounting.
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2008 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

You can save yourself alot of trouble by using the XK 532. then you just need a resistor for the parking lights. Or you can run wires directly to the parking lights under the hood and not need a resistor at all.

Also, you can combine whatever resistors you have on hand in various series/parallel combinations and get the exact values you need.

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
07sxtram 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I've got a clifford matrix 3.3 that i just put into my 07 Ram I've managed to get the door locks to work just fine. But I cant figure out a couple of things.

1.) I have the Directed 556 Bypass Module, but if the attenna ring is on the cylinder then the truck with run for about 2 seconds and then die. If I try to restart it without removing the key, then the starter just turns and turns but no turnover. Is there a key sense wire that i need to hook the 556 into?

2.) The door trigger. Do i hook door input to the dome light or to one of the door triggers? If its the door trigger, where are they and what color?

3.) If the tach wire is not connected will the remote start attempt to turn over at all?

4.) what wire do I connect the flasher into? I've read the install guide here on the12volt and cant figure out how to wire the relay to make it work.

I appreciaate any help in advance.

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic