icon

98 chevy malibu bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fayfay392 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all, first post on here so bare with me. I installed a Scytech alarm with remote start and to make a long story short when i would try to start the car from remote start the theft light would come on. Asked a friend, said i needed a bypass. So i ordered the Directed 555L Bypass. Now im fairly literate with electronics but i dont want to mess up my car. Can someone tell me exactly which wire goes where? The manual says blue goes to (-) status output etc. but i have no idea where that is or what wire. Can someone possibly tell me which wire goes to which corresponding one on the car.
Thanks,
Chris
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
555L       Scytek
(-) status input          (-) ground-when-running output
Different names for a wire which does the same thing. Connect them to nothing on the car, just each other.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
fayfay392 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks. Can you do that for the other 5 wires? please. i want to install this tommorow.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Instruction manual.
It's really self-explanatory. The Passlock connector has 3 wires(the 555L manual lists the colors) and it goes in to the key cylinder. Connect them as the diagram shows and you're golden.
fayfay392 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks. only problem is i cant get my alarm to go into programming mode so i can set the rpm from the tach.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
It's pretty simple, though drawn-out, to program a Scytek. Assuming you've connected the small gauge yellow ignition wire(it won't go into programming mode if that wire's not connected):
1) Turn the ignition on.
2) Push the valet switch 5 times. At this point you should hear the siren chirp if you have it connected, and the parking light relay will be clicking as well.
3) If you're trying to program tach(obviously your tach wire needs to be connected already), start the car with the key at this point. Once it's started, what I do is keep pressing the valet switch until the LED(s) start flashing (indicating it's seeing a good tach signal). At this point you can hit the lock button on the remote and you're done with it. If you go all the way through the options menu without seeing the LEDs flash, you don't have a good tach source.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic