icon

Fiberglass Dashes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biggidaman 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
in good time. in good time. a dash job just don't want into the shop every day. lol. i wish they did. i will be doing one very soon. so stay connected and be patient. i haven't forgot about you guys. 
Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
stevematt18 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2009 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
u still workin?
ca$ino 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
?? where's the updates? how to? lol
Look twice, think thrice, 1 splice/ 1 slice!
This is a phrase i came up with and something i will now live by.
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
aight guys it's been lonmg enough and i have all the pics together now to do the how to. i'm gonna kinda run through it just to give you guys the basic concept of it. then it's up to your imagination from there. the dash i'm going show is a walk in customer, and i'm not real trilled about putting 6x9 in the dash but it's what he had and thats what he wanted me to put in there. so before i start it wasn't my idea!!!! lol. i'm going to start posting pic tommorrow night. i don't know how many have been keeping up with the post but for those of you who are here ya go. speak at ya soon.
Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Well Biggi I glad that you finally got it done. It is just in time for me to take a look at what you got going on and steal some ideas and techniques from you. I want to get a drawing up or some type of design of what I want me dash to look like so I can get some ideas on what to do and any helpful hints before I go through trial and error. I am pretty good with glassing and patience but I want to get it right and make my truck a show truck to be in the magazines!

Keep up the good work

Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Fiberglass Dashes - Page 2 -- posted image.

here we go guys. first step take out the old dash!! duh. keep it around so you can trace the part that come's in contact with the dash. makes life so much easier. now set that in place. no make your end caps. if your useing the factory door panel trace out the side of the dash so have a perfect line up to the factory doors. this makes it look that much better. in this picture i've already made those Gay 6x9 rings flush mounted of course. once you have your end caps cut and routered out get in the ride and close the door, screw these peices to the inside of the truck and make sure they line up with the door when it's closed. if you lok close i took a peice of 1/4 inch mdf to space it away from the door so it is not touching the door but comes very close. you do not want it to touch. once your all screwed in attach your top plate to your side plates. as in this picture.

this picture show's how close my end caps are,

This should get you going more to come tommorrow!

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
looks awesome so far.
deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  

hey biggi,

I am glassing my dash right now and I noticed on your first set of pictures that the dashes have some pretty sweet ac vents. It would be great if you could direct to me to a good website or something so I can get some of those. I cant be riding around in a custom truck with a fiberglass dash and stock ac vents from the 80's. Also, check out what im doing for my truck and please feel free to give me any pointers or tips. I will post more pictures tonight of what I have done as of now. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
give me a real email and i'll send you a link not something i like to advertise to everyone. sorry every one else. lol. i got to keep soome things to myself.
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

ok in this picture i've alreadystared the console and added most of my bracing, these braces alow me to get an idea of how the dash shape is going to look before i even wrap it in fleece.

notice where the console meets the dash, i've made to pieces exactly the same size and screwed thm together. top one is set in to place attached to the dash and the bottom to the console this will allow me to have a perfect match up between the console and dash in the end. you'll see more of this as we go on. the big opening in the middle is routered out to accecpt and peice of plexi that will be back lit. and also house the digital gauges nd double din radio.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic