icon

remote starter, 01 nissan maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d_nuke 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
hi noob here, trust me i searched ever where and they all have the same wiring diagram, but the problem is non of those diagram match the SECU pinout on my car but they are the same color wires
for example the diagrams say Power lock is a grey wire at pin 23 and power unlock is BROWN / Yellow at pin number 35.
But
on my car the power lock is a grey wire at pin 5 and unlock is a BROWN / yellow at pin 4.
So by the aid of the FSM and a multimeter i managed to find all the wires except for the Factory Alarm Disarm and rearm wire. the diagram say its a ORANGE / blue at pin 30 in my car pin 30 is empty and there is a ORANGE / blue wire at 11 but its the door key cylinder switch
So any ideas where this wire might be any other place i can tap that wire other than the SECU
thanks
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe you got yourself a Canadian model Maxima, eh?

On those the disarm wire is listed as ORANGE / black in pin 11 and the arm wire is ORANGE / blue in pin 10. 

Coincidentally, on that vehicle, the locks are listed as the same wires.  First pulse on the disarm wire disarms, second pulse unlocks all.  And it would make sense that it tested from the door key cylinder, you can use that to lock and unlock as well as arm and disarm.

Upon looking at my info closer, you'll definitely want to do some testing, the arm and disarm wires are as I listed above, but here's what's funny

unlock wire is ORANGE / blue in pin 10, unlock wire is ORANGE / black in pin 11.  So you can arm and unlock or disarm and lock? lol one of those has to be backwards, just test the wires and it should straighten out

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
d_nuke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot for the reply man, dobt the car is canadian model because the canadians come with DTRL and mine doesn't but it is a 20th AE so maybe that makes some kind of a difference.
and the colors and location you said is correct so should i hook the arm and dis arm wire to #10 and 11 and lock and unlock wires to 4 and 5?
or connect unlock and dis arm wire together and lock and arm wire form the unit together and hook them to #11 and 10 and hook it
i'm not too experienced with installing these only did my moms 06 Camry a viper and it was a breeze an though i can do my car too.
thanks
d_nuke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
took the risk of frying the SECu and check the wires and yea the orange blue is the dual pulse one and do i have to hook the rearm wire to the orange balck because i saw some ppl say just ignore the rearm wire
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
The only purpos for the rearm wire is so that if you remote start the car, but then either shut it off by remote (or let the runtime run out), the factory alarm will be rearmed again.
But, how many times are you going to remote start the car, and then not get in it and drive it? That's the only purpose for the rearm.
But yes, it goes like this:
To the key-cylinder lock/arm wire, connect your remote starter's lock output, and (optional) the rearm output if desired.
To the key-cylinder unlock/disarm wire, connect your remote starter's disarm output, and also the factory-disarm output.
The unlock wire on the Nissan requires two pulses to unlock the doors, so program your remote starter's unlock output for a double pulse.
Those diagrams are a good starting point, but they're often wrong. You're doing the right thing by finding what you think is the correct wire, and then testing it with your meter.
If the wire you found makes a ground when you turn the key in the driver's door from the outside, you've found the right wire.
d_nuke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
and for the domelight supervision i have to use the door switches so can i just use one instead of all 4. will that make a difference if i only used one just the drivers side?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Dome sensor. Pin 31, a red wire @ the SECU. Negative. Use this for dome supervision.
d_nuke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
ok the installation went well just got done still need to find a place to hide the unit, but when i unlock the car all the doors unlock wiht a single press, it doesn't really bother me but is this bad? what went wrong? i hooked the double pulsr wire to the orange and blue wire and the unlcok wire to the unlock wire on the secu

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic