the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5900 on 06 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Well i justgot my new viper 5900 Thats going on a 06 Chevy Silverado. I finish hooking up everything but have a few essues. I try remote starting but no response or sign of trying to remote start. Im using Omega IM01 as my bypass. I try the shutdown diagnostics and get the seven flashes, mening neutra safety shutdown. wire is taped to ground no toggle swith. Is there someone that can guide me trugh this prosse thanks.
xplorin16 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure the BLACK/ white nss wire is securely grounded in the kick panel.  Use a ring rerminal, star washer and self tapper.  Scrap the paint away first. 

Also check your hood pin wire and make sure its not reading a ground.

A little more info is needed though, when you way its not remote starting what is it that is not working?  Are the acc/ign wires getting powered?  Radio and heater coming on?  No crank at all?  Crank but shutting down shortly after?  Whats the case here?

Advanced MECP
ceasar326 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
yes I need to more clear. Well the blk/white wire is taped in to the ground wire from the brain and into the kick panel with a star washer. Know when I go to try start the car nothing no crank or header anything related to the remote star
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
you sure you grounded the correct BLACK/ white? the smaller gauge BLACK/ white from the 5 pin harness is the neutral safety wire to be grounded. the larger gauge BLACK/ white is for domelight supervision. have seen it happen before. also are ALL 3 red and RED / white wires on the relay pack and the red on the main 12pin harness connected to +12v? as well as the black wire in the 12 pin main harness grounded?
ceasar326 
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ohh u got me thinking about that BLACK/ white wire ur right I gotta check that one out. But all heavy gauge wires are connected right double check those and the ground is well connected and red 12v input from 12pin is connected. But will check that other wire and keep u posted. Thanks
ceasar326 
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so i did had the domelight wire hooked up ratter then the neutral switch, got that fix but i was still not able to make it work so i did the dino from viper and got six flashes this time.It came down to hood switch and brake shutdown.. I know for sure it was not the brake. Ive try opening my hoodbut with this coold weather it got stuck and dint open all the way so i knew it was the hood. Sure then after cutting the hoodpin wire (grey) I try remote starting the car and finally did. know to put everything back. Thanks another-kelly really helped alot.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
no prob, glad ya got it figured out

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic