icon

4 channel amp,using it 4 2 dvc subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csb41502 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
i have a eclipse ea4000 amp.4 ohm stable.i just purchased 2 10 inch kicker compvr dvc 2 ohm subs.i wanna use 2 channels for 1 sub and the other 2 channels for the other sub.i already know how to wire the subs so the amp sees a 4 ohm load,my question is 1)how do i set all the gaind and switches on the amp and 2)how do i hook the rca's from the sub output on the deck to the amp.im guessing with y adapters?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
I am not at all familiar with that amp, and the picture at ampguts is useless. Some amps have a 2ch/4ch switch on them, or a switch that allows channels 3 and 4 to get input from channels 1 and 2. If your amp has none of the above switches, then yes Y adapters are in order. The crossover filters should be set to LowPass. And you will have to play with the crossover points to see what sounds best to you. I would start at 70Hz. and go from there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic