icon

2008 honda fit remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
I'm doing an 08 Honda Fit and have a few questions..
1. Does this car need the second accessory wire hooked up? I have Techweb saying no but Bulldog's diagram saying yes.
2. Factory alarm disarm.. A few of the diagrams say "test this wire while turning the Key in the Drivers Door Key Cylinder." How exactly do you test this? What is it supposed to test as?
3. I've searched and read that a few guys have had trouble finding the lock/unlock wires.. They are just in the kickpanel in a white connector?
4. Do I need to hook up the factory arm wire? One diagram has it, another does not.
5. How hard is this car to do? Are the wires relatively accessible? Thanks much!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
No one knows the answers to any of these questions? I have the customer coming in tomorrow.
Thanks!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thats alot of questions to ask if you installing for a customer. Have you ever installed a remote start ?

1. Does this car need the second accessory wire hooked up? I have Techweb saying no but Bulldog's diagram saying yes.

The car has 2 accesory wires, just wire up both anyways, doesnt do anything but maybe turn on the radio.

2. Factory alarm disarm.. A few of the diagrams say "test this wire while turning the Key in the Drivers Door Key Cylinder." How exactly do you test this? What is it supposed to test as?

IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR OR AT SECURITY CONTROL MODULE UNDER THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE DASH

- you meter the WHITE - Disarm and WHITE/ Red -ARM. use your volt meter, connect red to 12v and black to the wire you want to test. with the key in the door cylinder, turn the key to unlock the doors. This wire will go to NEGATIVE (-) and the volt meter should say 11-12.4 v DC. it will tell you what wire is the proper disarm and arm wires.

3. I've searched and read that a few guys have had trouble finding the lock/unlock wires.. They are just in the kickpanel in a white connector?

Power Lock - WHITE/ GREEN

Power Unlock - WHITE/ BLUE
look for a harness that is leading from the kickpanel towards the door jamb. This is the harness that will contain the lock/unlock wires.
4. Do I need to hook up the factory arm wire? One diagram has it, another does not.

you should always hook up disarm and arm wires.

5. How hard is this car to do? Are the wires relatively accessible? Thanks much!

hondas are usaully the easier if not easiest cars to do for the professional installer.  all the wires are either in the Drivers Kick Panel, steering collumn and ignition harness. all these are easily accessable if you remove the metal knee kick. good luck !

just a tip, make you you use a DMM and TEST ALLLLLLL - EVERYSINGLE WIRE 

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

Thats alot of questions to ask if you installing for a customer. Have you ever installed a remote start ?

you took the words right out of my mouth

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
tedmond wrote:

you took the words right out of my mouth

Why? None of them are mission critical.. I've installed around 30.. I test every single wire and triple check with diagrams along with asking questions before I do it to try and make the install easier for myself..
Thanks for the info tedmond. I appreciate it.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone ever done one of these?? It looks like the dash / plastic / kick panel is all one piece across the whole car!!!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
For anyone else..
Just remove the fuse box cover and then there are three screws you take out to remove the steering wheel cover which gives you access to everything you need..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic