2005 honda civic hx power window switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
e10tran 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this forum forgive me if I do anything that shouldn't be done other than the rules.
Anyways I need a wiring pinout for the switches that connects to the oem power window switches for 2005 Civic HX, I am trying to install an SPAL Power Window kit using oem power window switches and I need the wiring diagram for the harnesses for the driver and passenger side. The driver I believe has 14 pins to the switch and the passenger has 5.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
This probably won't be much help, but this is what audiovox has listed for the EX. I have no idea if the other three windows are the same color at the switch as they are listed in the kick panel.
     Power Unlock          WHITE/ GREEN          (-)          20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     PowerLock          WHITE/ BLUE          (-)          20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     LF Window Up          RED / BLACK          (REV)          AT SWITCH IN DRIVER DOOR          
     LF Window Dn          RED / YELLOW          (REV)          AT SWITCH IN DRIVER DOOR          
     RF Window Up          BLUE/RED          (REV)          AT 20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     RF Window Dn          BLUE/WHITE          (REV)          AT 20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     LR Window Up          BROWN / WHITE          (REV)          AT 20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     LR Window Dn          BROWN          (REV)          AT 20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     RR Window Up          BLUE/ORANGE          (REV)          AT 20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK          
     RR Window Dn          BROWN / YELLOW          (REV)          AT 20-PIN GRAY CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVER KICK
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
You can't use the Honda switches, at least not the drivers, a double switch should only have 7 wires out including illumination.  2 x up and down, 12v+, ground and ilumination. Honda driver's side uses a one-touch open and close system via a relay/processor mounted in the door. If you wish to have one touch up/down use Spal switches and loom and add a 530t per two windows.
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks "i am an idiot," that will help with some of it.
Howie, what if I just want the switches to make the window go up and down and thats it, without the one-touch? Is it not possible just for that? I just rather use Oem switches since it makes everything look a lot better and more original.
If anyone can find the wiring for the harness for the switches at the door that will be great, thanks!
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have an ohm meter?  You should be able to use the meter to figure out the wiring of the switch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
With a meter switch should show three or four common at rest, ground one or two motor up and motor down and  1 not common,  this is the power supply.When switch is depressed this should common with one of the other three or four, that becomes a motor wire. depress switch the other way, another will become common with the power wire. This is the other motor wire. The one or two remaining should be ground(s). Since your Honda switch normally powers a processor this may not be the case but if it does away you go.
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie for the information. If someone could help me with a diagram, a picture perhaps that would help alot. Thanks for the help everyone so far. 2005 honda civic hx power window switch -- posted image.
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know anything else? Can someone get me a wiring color code diagram for the OEM power window switches for driver and passenger side for 2005 Honda Civic HX COUPE. PLEASE!!
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Do you have an ohm meter?  You should be able to use the meter to figure out the wiring of the switch.
I guess I should have mentioned that if you have the meter and are willing to do a little footwork, I can help you figure out the wiring.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic