icon

avistart 4113

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Unit is a single button Avistart 4113 with a bypass kits bypass module. Install went with out problems although programming the bypass was tricky (my first keyless unit). The only problem is programming the remote starter. This is the first DEI unit I have done in awhile and I am not sure on the programming. I need to change the run time on the unit. My question is how can you tell if your in menu 2 or not? I can get into programming and I understand how to select the features but it does not say or at least I didn't see where it tells you how to get into the second menu to select the programming options there. Alas I have no bitwriter if I continue to do allot of DEI installs I will purchase one.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
i do alot of the viper line from dei, not too much  avistart, but if the programming is close i hope it helps, when you depress the valet button to access the menus keep holding until ur siren chirps twice, then you can acces ur sub menus,( assuming u know how to do this), happy holidays.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
This is a remote starter only will the horn output work for the siren?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
hmmmm to be honest, not to familiar with ur unit, so i hope someone else can help
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
If your registered at directtechs could you possibly look it up?
xplorin16 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

U can use the led on the unit or horn output.   The newer line of vipers and avistarts are a little finicky and sometimes the led flashes are delayed.  You had a good idea when referring to the horn output, you could also use a mini piezo or etc..  The audible confirmation is preferred over the led flashes but i have used both.

Now onto the programming.  Turn key on then off.  Press the valet the number of times corresponding to your desired menu option.  Once you heard/seen the confirmation of the number of chrips/flashes that your in your right option then let go of the valet.  You have about 15 sec to do this so dont take your time.  Once you let go then just press the button on your remote until you hear the horn or see the led flash the number of times designated to the amount of run time you desire. 

Sorry for the run-ons.  Hope this helps,

Advanced MECP
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2008 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
there you go

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic