icon

2009 accord, unlock double pulse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ktn419 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, first off great and very informative site.

I have 2009 Honda Accord and is installing a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.3 security and remote start.  I have the security part working and currently in the process of the remote start.

The problem is unlocking requires a double pulse so I have to push the disarm button twice on my remote.  Is there any way around this?  Is it possible to program the remote to perform a double pulse?  or did I install this correctly?

I just want it to function like the factory with a single push of the button.

Thank you in advance!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
go to programming and set it to double pulse. simple as that.
wblakes 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
also set the disarm wire for double pulse too
ktn419 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies.  I found the munual for the Matrix RSX 3.3 but it has nothing of programming the disarm button to double pulse.  Can someone tell me how or where I can find instructions?  Thank you in advance.

wblakes 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
the newer DEI products has the double pulse disarm. i guess you have to get a trigger module like the PAC-TR7 to accomplish this task.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
want to tell me why he would need to double pulse the disarm wire? disarm will always only require one pulse. unlock is a differant story since some locks are one pulse for main door unlock, and double pulose opens remaining doors.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

wierd that you cant program your unit for double pulse on unlock. in any event if you cant, you can use the diagram below. the time it takes for the relay to energize and pulse the wire again(which is just a fraction of a second) will give you a double pulse on unlock.

2009 accord, unlock double pulse -- posted image.

wblakes 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
want to tell me why he would need to double pulse the disarm wire? disarm will always only require one pulse. unlock is a differant story since some locks are one pulse for main door unlock, and double pulose opens remaining doors.
that's how the new Accords work now, i did an install on an 08 Accord and a double pulse was needed on the disarm wire for the factory alarm to disarm.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

wblakes wrote:

that's how the new Accords work now, i did an install on an 08 Accord and a double pulse was needed on the disarm wire for the factory alarm to disarm.

its still not nessasary because 08-09 accords disarm on unlock. so.....if you double pulse the unlock wire, you are unlocking and disarming at the same time. its done through the unlock wire. 2009 accord, unlock double pulse -- posted image.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

Try not making things complicated.  Look at page 63 on the manual.  Its Menu 1 Item 6 for double unlock and Menu 2 Item 8 for Double Disarm.  And before you ask about going into those menus you need to read Pages 60-62 on the installation manual.

Reading the manual a couple of times gives you more insight on the capabilities of the alarm/rs

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic