icon

keyless in 03 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gappa33 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I'm installing the 562t in my 03 Tahoe.  I have the remote start all wired up and working fine.  Now I'm trying to figure out the keyless part of it.  Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the keyless install or have any advice?  Thanks.

Ryan
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
On that truck you'll need a doorlock module to tie into the doorlocks. Although I've been told that if it has a lock/unlock switch in the rear cargo area just inside the back door, you can actually run wires to that switch and tie in there. It will be a positive pulse system. Now I've never actually tried this on 03-06 full size GM suv's but I've been told this trick works. And it only works on the SUV's, not trucks, because the truck have no rear switch. The two door switches tie directly to the computer module in each door. The rear switch is actually a positive pulse switch.
Has anyone ever done this?? Or let us know if this technique works out for you.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

Door locks are sort of difficult, if you don't want to use a bypass module.

I've done it with relays & diodes many times. It involves installing 2 relays in each door. I don't want to discourage anyone, but it may be very difficult to do with little experience. I'm sure you can do it, but it might take a long time. Do yourself a favor & Google GMDL-BP. You'll be less likely to kill yourself, from frustration. 

Good Enough Isn't!
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
I know the method you are speaking of requires two relays in each door. 4 doors+ one rear hatch door= 10 relays and tons or wiring to run. The trick I was talking about was to simply run two wires to the rear cargo area lock switch. I've been told this method work, and no relays are needed, just run two wires to the rear under all the plastic trim.
advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
CutDog504 is right. I would investigate his idea. If the wires are there & it works, you've saved yourself a lot of needless work.
Good Enough Isn't!
advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

I found this link for you, in case you want to do it the hard way.

http://www.denalitrucks.com/documents/service%20docs/1601.pdf

Good Enough Isn't!
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
You might also try pins B5 and B10, in the blue connector at the BCM. There probably won't be any terminals on the connector itself in those locations but I'm 99% certain that a (-) signal sent to the terminal will lock and unlock, respectively.
I actually have an '03 Silverado BCM sitting in my office for an engine swap - it's for an extended cab pickup but it seems that the only difference between that BCM and the one on the crew cabs/full-size SUVs is that the connector on the back of the BCM doesn't have any terminals on mine(PC board and housing are the same!).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

The rear cargo switch was deleted on 03-up SUVs.

chris, you are right that B5 and B10 are unused with no terminals on the SUV's. That would be awesome if your trick worked. I wonder if there is a software difference in the SUV's BCM that ignores negative inputs? I will have to check this out on my 03 Tahoe next time I have it apart.

Gappa, which interface bypass module did you use for the remote start? As mentioned above, the GMDL-BP will do the bypass as well as the doorlocks.

CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
Chris, now that you mention it, I do remember reading that trick a while back in an installer magazine. If I remember correctly They said to actually purchase some of the molex pins from GM and crimp them onto your wires and insert them into those two empy terminals. Then supply a negative trigger, right? This was in the "Tips and Tricks" section where I read this, but then again, thats also where I read about using the rear cargo switch. They claimed that some 03 and up Suv's do have the rear cargo switch. But then again, I haven't worked on one that does, so I've never tried that technique out myself.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I would guess that if anything there might be a firmware difference between BCMs on base and uplevel trucks; however the junkyard that sold me that BCM only asked whether or not it was a crew cab, not anything about trim level. I'll post pics of the BCM shortly.
Another key datum is that the terminals used on the connector we're discussing here are "female MicroPack 100 series", if anyone's looking to install them. I believe the MicroPack 100 is used on almost all GM BCMs, incidentally.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic