icon

relay setup for negative door unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hello to all, I am fitting a clifford intelliguard 850 alarm to my Ford Focus.

The Door unlock output on the alarm is faulty, so I have decided to use the  second unlock output (200mA negative) provided by the alarm.

The Car has Negative Door Lock/Unlock, so I am hoping to connect the second unlock output  via a 30amp relay as follows:

Second door unlock negative output (200Ma) - Pin 85

Constant 12v Fused - Pin 86

Ground - Pin 87

Output to Door Unlock wire -Pin  30

Is this setup correct? Also what  fuse should I use, 10Amps or 15 Amps?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

(;-)
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
Depending on what year Focus you have, the door unlock wire in the car probably only triggers a relay, in which case you can hook the wire from the Clifford directly to the unlock wire in the car. If not use a 5 amp fuse and yes the wiring is correct.
sparky
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
The Focus uses extremely low current switching, you don't need a relay but you should doiode with the bands towards the alarm.
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Spakie & Howie II, thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated. The car in question is a 2004 Ford Focus.

Im using a relay as the output wire on he alarm only provides 200Ma, so just wanna be safe.

I know the car's got Negative door locks, so just wanted to be sure on the Relay setup.

Thanks again

regards

(;-)
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Howie II,

I would like the car to double lock upon arming, (this is normally done by pressing the OEM lock button twice to activate the double locking.)

How can I make the car to activate deadlocking upon arming via a relay. Can I use a ground when armed -ve trigger output to activate double locking?

How would I wire up the relay?

Ford Focus ST170 (UK) 2004

Any assistance appreciated

Cheers

(;-)
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

Double arm the alarm? If that's not an option and if there's a timing issue, you can use a pulse input to programmable multi-pulse output circuit.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I think you have a pink/black on that unit which you can activate on arming, also set it up as timed for 3 secs., or set your lock wire for 3 secs, take that to 85 on your relay, Take 10amps 12v+ feed to 86 and 87, then go to the GEM box, pre- 05, should be above throttle pedal or mounted to kick panel on right. Check this but coming out of that is a yellow lead* that sits on ground normally, this will show 12v+ when hitting the lock button on the factory remote a second time. Cut this wire, tale the GEM side to 87a and the output side to 30. Using the pink brown ie use aux to activate on arming for 3 secs is a better alternative to using the lock wire from the alarm because you can now have normal (i.e. non-deadlock) on ign or RPM locking and deadlocking on arming the alarm. *N.B. I think or remember it as yellow if not your alternatives would be yellow/black, white or WHITE/ black all at same location, test!
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Cheers Howie II,

The alarm has 3 separate aux out whic can be programmed between 0.8 secs to 2 mins, so I'LL go with your advice, hook up the deadlock wire to the one of the aux outpouts, so that I can retain normal ign/rpm locking & deadlockling on arming. I've noticed a thicker yellow wire, but I'LL test to make sure I got the right wire.

Thanks again!

regards

A.

(;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic