the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

08 300c interlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a buddie that's got a contract with the state installing these wonderfulllll little devices.

Anyone else doing this kind of the Lords work? This car is a biatch. (so I was told)

At 35 bucks for puttin this thing in.... this car is a "pass"  Does anyone have a solution to making this install worth while?

Don't ask "what is the problem" if you aren't aware of the issue with this car and the ign. system... please don't reply!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. this car was also sent to the dealer (who also installs these interlock devices) they sent him away as well!

dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
for 35 I would not do it i think the best way would be to run a few wires to the TIPM 12+ and starter and that should do your starter cut off but all the work and to add a little more to it charge for a relay for the car horn but this car should be at leas 80 for this unit
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe interrupt the ignition wire to the SentryKey receiver, instead of the start wire like the interlock would normally do? I'm not sure how the keys are setup on that new of a 300.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure if it's worth it to you for $35, but here are my two ideas:
1. There's a blue/red constant wire going to the ignition switch. Can you just interrupt that? But maybe not.......does the interlock first need to see the ignition come on, for the driver to request permission to start the car?
2. Open up the ignition switch, solder wires for ignition and accessory. Configure a relay so that when the interlock is on, the accessory wire receives power...........as long as the accessory cannot drop out during crank, the car shouldn't be able to start. Test and verify, but I know this works on GM cars with no starter wire.
3. There must be something in the car, somewhere, that you can interrupt to prevent it from starting. Does that car even have an interior fusebox? Maybe pull fuses one at a time until you disable the car, then figure out what's on that fuse and interrupt that?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
You could try interrupting the fuel pump, probably easier than anything else...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

so what is the problem with this vehicls

p.s. kartuneman you need not answer if it really bothers you

there are people who do not know and maybe would like to know

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
robertsc,
If you're curious, you could go to any of the bypass kit companies' websites, look up this car, and read the install guide.
Basically, there's no starter wire, and the ignition and accessory wires are inside the ignition switch.
You can get some good money for doing remote starters in these cars, because of the extra parts and labor.
But if he's limited to $35 for putting in what's basically a starter kill, it's not worth it for him to go taking apart the ignition switch.
robertsc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

so its same as a 2008 caravan

i would wonder if you could maybe wrap the cylinder with wire and put it to ground

maybe that would block the rf from the key

robertsc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

p.s. chris the first caravan i did i found quite easy to do

besides all the dash diassembly to get at the key cylinder

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

Well it's simple really. To try and justify the meeeeer 35 bucks that the "contracted install price" states.

This is a car that no one in their RITE mind would install this device on for 35 clams! It's insane. Even getting paid for the monthly calibrations ......

There is no way to have this car turn a profit.... based on "time"

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic