icon

07 g6 ignition, accessory

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stroker@techie 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Just recently put a remote start in a 07 g6 using an excaliber rs-210 and bypass pkucg2x Diagram D. I have used both of these several times on various gm vehicles but this is the first time on a g6. The problem i am having is that the pink(ign.) and brown (acc.) wires in the green plug on the ignition cylinder dont have any power. On other gm models these wires had power. I completly unhooked the ign. and acc. wires from the remote start and car still remote starts and everything works fine-(Heater etc.) but when i try to change some of the programming options i had to pulse the remote start ignition wire cause it wasnt doing it with the key. To access the programming options you have to turn the key on then back off. So is there somewhere else to hook into the acc. and ign. or do these wires even need to be hooked up cause everyting is working?!
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm requires an ignition signal for programming operation:

Ignitionpink+ignition harness or BCM, C4, pin D3

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
stroker@techie 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
There is no power on the pink ign. wire at the green plug at the harness or the bcm C4, pin D3. no matter what i do those wires dont show any voltage whether you use the key or the remote starter.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using a meter or a test light to check for voltage?
stroker@techie 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
I always use a digital meter.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just checking, those wires should have voltage on them.  They are not capable of supplying any current over what they provide to the vehicle.  They will not provide enough current to light up a test light.  I just find it strange that there is no voltage on the wires.
stroker@techie 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Beleive me i find it very strange i have never seen this at all. but the remote start works just fine and the ign. and acc. are not even hooked up! i even went back to the shop just to test them again. the only wires i have hooked are the start and 2nd acc that are hooked to the white wire in the green plug at ign. harness. i wired it just like the pkucg2x diagram D says like i have many times before with other gm vehicles.
stroker@techie 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Checked a third time using a different meter before i bring this car back . Definetly no power on the pink , brown , or even the RED / white that is suppose to be 12v. (Green plug at ign. harness)  Somehow it still works just fine other than there is no ign. source hooked up to get into programming mode. I have to do it manually. Am i going crazy or what? Does this mean that it is all controlled by the white and WHITE/ black wires in the ign. harness? (green plug)
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
no ignition at a cigarette lighter or anything else. i think there is also an ignition at the brake switch but dont quote me on that
stroker@techie 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
not sure. i didnt check.  its just bugging me that there isnt any ign. at the ign. harness.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic