the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 lexus es350 r/s pkall issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobileavc 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
Hoping someone can help. I had to give my customer back his '07 Lexus ES350 today in an incomplete state, and I'm hoping to solve this little issue with your help.
I'm using a Marksman X6 with the Xpresskit PKALL. The wiring was really straightforward, as I used the D2D connection. All I had to pull from the car was +12V, ignition, and a few wires at the pushbutton switch.
I have the r/s configured correctly as a diesel to properly initiate the brake sequence, and the (-) starter output is hooked into the PKALL as it should be. The car starts up exactly as it should. (The PKALL learned the transponder on the first shot. I did not flash the PKALL - I just used it straight out of the box.)
The problem is this: I am getting locked out of the car when remote started, and the doors will not unlock with the X6 remote (we know it won't with the factory fob). Two things that I am unsure about...
1. The PKALL says that I do not need to hook up the pink wire for door unlock when in D2D mode. Is that true? I did NOT hook it up, nor did I directly wire the X6 unlock to the car/BCM.
2. There was an addendum to the PKALL instruction sheet that says the D2D wiring is incorrect. Since I am plugging straight D2D from the Xpresskit to the X6 (same protocol as Directed's), this should not be an issue, right? Or, am I missing something... like switching some of the pins in the D2D harness?
Here is the document I'm talking about for quick reference:
http://www.bypasskit.com/manuals/999_PKALL_H00_S00_D02_I_ENFR.pdf
See page 6 (config. #6)
I can't find the addendum online, but it is document ADNXD2D65 rev. 2008 10.
Thanks a million.
Erik
Mobile Audio Video Creations
917-660-2821
www.mobileavc.com
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

D2D is great when it works but it doesn't always. We have had enough issues using it that we have stopped and now hard wire our modules to the alarm directly. I have actually had the support guys at Idata tell me never to use D2D...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

No.....you still have to hard wire the actual door locks.  The D2D will take care of the resistor part of the installation which means you dont need to run the resistor in line.  There is no possible way the D2D connection is going to lock or unlock the doors.  The aren't connected to the car other then to the transponder through the module.  You need to wire them directly.

BTW....917 number???Is that NY???

mobileavc 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys.
I was assuming/hoping the locks were taken care of thru the data wire. Oh well... it looks like I'm going into the driver's door for the lock/unlock wires.
Does anyone have a different location/opinion on grabbing the door locks? The Audiovox tech bulletin says:
Power Unlock          LIGHT GREEN          (-)          POWER MASTER SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR          
PowerLock          PINK          (-)          POWER MASTER SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR
Just making sure. Thanks!
And yes, enice - I am in Floral Park (Queens) NY!
mobileavc 
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
I am getting this car back tomorrow. I will be trying the following first:
Alarm Disarm          VIOLET          (-)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR          
Alarm Arm          BROWN          (-)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR          
Note:
TEST THIS WIRE WHILE TURNING THE KEY IN THE DRIVER DOOR CYLINDER. USE A DOUBLE PULSE TO UNLOCK ALL DOORS
I will post after completion on Saturday.
Thanks.
Erik Quick
www.mobileavc.com
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
mobileavc, just so you understand. You only need to connect the door lock/unlock wires from the R/S to the vehicle. D2D will take care of the rest and follow the directions, as such(ie.no unlock diode, resistor, or pink wire).
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic