icon

autostarter programming mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigd450 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I got the Autostarter aS-6850TW-FM installed and I just want to adjust some of the features like run time but I can not get into the programming mode. I flash the hood pin for four seconds and then again briefly hold the brake and hit which ever button on the remote and it does nothing. I managed to get into the programming mode the first time I tried it and I got half way through programming it and it kicked me out and I haven't been able to get back in. Is there anything else I can try?
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

Pop the hood, find the hood pin switch, press and hold it down for 4 sec, after the 4 sec let the switch go up, then push down the switch and let it go up again, the parking lights should turn on for 20 sec.  with in that time you need to push the brake pedal down or jumper 12volts to the brake wire if your brakes don't work with the key off, and while pressing the brake down, push the lock button on your remote, after you here the unit click your in programming mode, let go of the brakes and begin your programming

bigd450 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

I was trying exactly what you were saying and nothing, the park light come on but no matter which button I push nothing happens. I never tested to see if there is power to the brake switch with the key off but the brake lights do come on with the key off.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I would suggest that you take it back to where you had the install done. Most shops would be happy to change the programming on the run time. Unless you know the system and the vehicle, I don't suggest that you try and reprogram the system yourself. There are settings that if done incorrectly, can cause the system and your vehicle to really get screwed up. If this happens, I doubt whether the shop would take it kindly when you return it to them to have it reset.
sparky
bigd450 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks but I got no problem programming it my self. I will take it back to were I got it put in if I cant get it done my self. The only problem is I wont be back to were I got it put in for awhile yet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic