the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bad antenna, 2002 bmw 745

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayyzr 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

The car is a  2002 bmw 745 it has the logic amp in the trunk.  ok the customer stations are not coming in good @ all and wanted to install a xm radio. since the radio stations don't come in, the issue with that is we need the antenna to pick up channel for the modulator and mind you we tested it with a wireless modulator but same as the radio. I know the antenna is in the window. Do anyone know the correct antenna adapter & reverse adapter for this vehicle? If so where would we tap into the antenna wire? from the amp or behind the factory head unit. We looked @ both places and 1 cable looked liked fiber optics? Would it be possible to add a windshield mount antenna if maybe the antenna lines are cut or something withe the factory antenna. Any advice would help thanks

Taking It 1 Wire @ A Time...
jayyzr 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

would it be possible to add the xm direct fm modulator. if so where would i catch the antenna wires

wvbmwfan 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
I am having the very same problem with my 2003 BMW 745Li.  Did you ever get any feedback or solution to this problem.  I am also having a problem with basic fm reception from the oem radio on both am and fm bands.
jayyzr 
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
no we still haven't figured out the problem, we took it to the dealership and the suggested that maybe our tint is metallic. We are using Suntek Carbon & as far as I know it dosn't. We are going to remove the tint from the rear window and i will keep you posted

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic