icon

529t window module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snake212 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
hello, im trying to install this module on a 2008 camry with a 5701 le alarm system and i got the driver's side working because i had to go directly to the motor. but when i did it the same way for the passenger side it burned the fuse that is going from a constant 12v source to the module. what im trying to do is get both front side window's to go up when arming the vehicle. this is how i connected it.
Module wiring :
Pin 1: Blue - Motor, Side 1 (Connected to Green wire going to th motor inside the door to pass auto down switch)
Pin 2: Gray - (-) Output through activation, side 1 (DID NOT CONNECT)
Pin 3: Brown - Switch ,Side 1 (Connected to green wire coming from the switch inside the door)
Pin 4: Orange - (-) Activation input, side 1 ((Connected to AUX 1 White & Violet -200 output from alarm)
Pin 5: Black - Chassis Ground (-) (Connected)
Pin 6: Gray/Black - (-) Output through activation, side 2 (DID NOT CONNECT)
Pin 7: Red - (+12)V Constant (Connected)
Pin 8: ORANGE / Black (-) Activation input, side 2 (Connected to AUX 1 White & Violet -200 output from alarm)
Pin 9: Green - Motor, Side 2 (Connected to White wire going to passenger motor in the kick panel)
Pin 10: White - Switch, Side 2 (Connected to White wire coming from switch in the kick panel)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
I might be wrong here and I'm guessing but from your post you've wired correctly, experience with other Japanese cars (Camry and Maxi arn't sold here anymore) tells me that the leads from the switch to the outboard motors are data and you have to go to the motor wires, the other thought is that you've confused motor side with switch side on the passenger window, re-test and if so turn the blue and white around. If they are normal motor wires in this application the switch side is sitting on ground and you are sending the power through the green straight to ground. Remember blowing a fuse protects the unit but also tells you you've made a mistake.
snake212 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
thank you for ur post howie i will try that today.
snake212 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I re-wired everything and it seems to be working fine now I guess it was a bad connection. I enabled comfort closure and for some reason the windows don't go up after 20 seconds when arming the vehicle. Do I need to plug it into another aux channel?? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing to do with comfort closure that's when the vehicle mainly European such as Euro GM, BMW, Jaguar, VW/Audi have a facility for extending the lock pulse to close the windows, roof etc. You need to use the armed output wire,  orange on dei products and join to the orange and ORANGE / black from the 529t.
snake212 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
i got it working on aux 1!!!! for future reference all the connections were correct. what i had to do was program the alarm to Aux 1 Linking when armed, but what happened was it sends a short pulse causing the windows to go up a few inches. so i also had to change the Aux 1 Output type from validity (DEFAULT) to timed 30seconds. so now the windows go up instantly when armed and also when i manually do it from the remote from AUX 1. thank u for your help mate. i hope people will find this very helpful towards the future.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
Just to confuse you if you followed my previous suggestion, you would have saved the aux for something else, eg trunk release and the time and effort setting it up, you have the disadvantage your way of having to press a second button to close the windows, of course the advantage is more control, that's why on some Euro vehicles with the total or comfort close I mentioned earlier, they wont close with 1 touch of the factory remote, you have to press the lock button for a few secs. So I can't say you've done it wrong, like everything else there's more than 1 way to skin a cat!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic