2004 ford focus door lock/unlock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hi to all,

I'm not 100% sure if I have found the correct door Lock & Unlock wires for my 2004 Ford Focus. I've got the Car's wiring Schematics for the central locking. I found that the DOOR LOCK wire is BLACK/ ORANGE at Grey connector in GEM & DOOR UNLOCK wire is BLACK/ GREEN at green connector at GEM.

Whilst testing as per Negative Trigger, I connected Negative probe of multimeter to +12V, and probed each wire with the positive probe. This is what I found:

DOOR LOCK wire: rests at around -8V and when pressing lock, goes to about -10.4V & rests at this voltage.

DOOR UNLOCK wire: rests at -10.4V & when pressing unlock, goes to -8v & rests at this voltage.

Have I got the correct wires? To make sure I got the right wires, I cut them, then activated  lock/Unlock  on the car, the doors still locked & unlocked.

I'm little puzzled, as I would expect the doors not to lock/unlock with the wires cut.

There are other similar wires with the same colour codes at the GEM, but none of them test like above. I will appreciate any help in finding the correct wires.

Thanks

(;-)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Your colours are correct,  lock is on end plug, unlock next one in. If you're using an alarm with just 2 wire lock outputs, diode them with the bars towards the alarm, if relay driven (6 lock/unlock) wires, diodes aren't neccessary. Frankly the easiest way to test is to take a  Snap-On regular incandescant bulb tester,  place the croc clip to ground, throw the catch on driver's door and close the others then probe into your selected wires. Looking at the GEM box from the plug end, i.e. follow up from throttle pedal, those two plugs are on the right. These are the trigger wires and you were probably able to operate them still via the remotes, via the data link, also even removing those plugs makes no diff as the motor wires, yellow/black lock yellow/white unlock and yellow deadlock (depending on which model) exit from diff plugs. The indicator leads are there as well, blue and blue/red, look above and a yellow/black is the neg trunk/hatch release wire. Ign is YELLOW /GREEN and starter is grey/black at ign loom, refer to DEI 1076 for door contacts, clue for hatch/trunk contact, look at connection plug, base of l/hand A pillar.
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Howie II You're GREAT!!, always happy to share your expertise & Knowledge! Its guys like you that make this forum!2004 ford focus door lock/unlock wires - Last Post -- posted image.

Now it makes sense why the doors still functioned with the trigger wires cut!  I can take comfort in knowing I got the correct wires, as per your plug locations i.e. Lock is on end plug nearest to Throttle pedal(Grey plug) & unlock's on the next one up(Green plug).

The alarm's got six door lock/unlock wires with onboard relays, with respect to all other connections, I have been able to trace & interface to them with your help.

I have diode isolated all door triggers & Trunk pin also.

Finally, can I connect the Tach/ RPM signal at the Ignition Coil? its a BLACK/ Green at the multiplug, going to the ECU/PCM. I rather not hook up at the injectors.

Thanks again

(;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic