flashing brake light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flite_1 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I recently noticed on what I believe was a new model Toyota Sequoia, that the center LED brake light flashes when braking as if the brakes were being pumped.
More specifically, the brakes are applied and all the brake lights go on, then maybe after 2-3 seconds the LED light begins to flash- I believe at a rate a little faster than a turn signal.
Anyways, I thought that was nice feature, especially for those who tend to tailgate you. But I'd like more information about how something like that could be wired on a typical vehicles' center brake light. And also, if it'd be possible to control the length of time the light will flash when continuosly on (such as a stop light) so that this nice feature doesn't become an eyesore.
Diagrams would be nice too :) or at least an in depth explanation :)
Thanks
flite_1 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
One more thing,
Could this be done with an incandescent 3rd brake light or would it be best used with an LED setup?
benjammin1414 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

it can be done using 2 flashers and about 5 relays, some diods and some resistors.  If your really interested in doing that for another car email me and ill draw up a diagram for you. 

~Ben~

benjammin1414 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
it would be even easier with a incandesent light
Ronald Mark 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
If all you want it on is the center brake light, install a flasher in line with the wire feeding the center brake light.
Ronald Mark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2003 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
If all you want it on is the center brake light, install a flasher in line with the wire feeding the center brake light.
marctronixx 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2003 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

i would like to do this on my eclipse brake light.. just a regular bulb.

can you tell me what a "flasher" is and where i Can get one?

thank you.

Ronald Mark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2003 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Its what makes your turn signals flash. Get one at any autoparts store. Ask for one from an 80's chevy truck, they only have two terminals, in and out.
benjammin1414 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2003 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

the original post was not just about a flasher..  it was about getting lights to flash twice and then stay on constant.  did you guys eve read the first post?

well after a little research i found what you need flite_1.

From PAC www.go2pac.com they have a programable modual called the TR7.  This thing is amazing in what it can actually do.  It has i think 13 or 14 programable fuctions, it can be used ased as channel extender for an alarm, linier actuatior controller, it can turn on the new CVA series alpine indash monitors so that you can watch TV while driving(not recommend though) and it can also do pules to constant output.  Ideal for what your are trying to do.  The applications are endless.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this, summer is comming up and my shop is getting really busy. 

~Ben~

Ronald Mark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
yes I did read the first post, this is what it said:
"More specifically, the brakes are applied and all the brake lights go on, then maybe after 2-3 seconds the LED light begins to flash- I believe at a rate a little faster than a turn signal."
If he wants it cheap and simple he could use a flasher.
I think your idea is great, but i don't know exactally what he wants to do or spend. Remember, we are all tryin to help...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic