lost clifford valet code intelliguard850

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Just got round to swapping a clifford intelliguard 850 from my old car, and into my new car. Unfortunately, I've lost the Valet code, Tried factory default 2, but no luck.

Any chance I can reset it via Cliffnet, I believe older versions work. I've got version 2.20, will this work? If so, what cable do I need to interface with the wizard?

Any help appreciated

AP

(;-)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Ver 2.2 will work, the 850 is G5 so it should give you the code if you ask it nicely....DON'T use Wiz for any remote start settings, they won't take and will dump your tach settings (should obtain it manually), your earlier post, yes tach is one of those three where you mentioned. An alternative would be an injector lead.
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

Cheers Howie, thats good news, just need to get hold of the interface cable now. Thanks for the tach wire info. By the way, your help on the focus door lock/unlock wires works a treat! Thanks for all your previous help on this forum, very  much appreciated.

Regards.

(;-)
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Howie, I got the cliffnet interface cable but not seem to connect, I can only access it offline.

I've got a Sony Laptop running Windows XP. The Interface cable terminates with a male 9 pin serial connector.so I have used a 9pin female to a 15 pin male, inorder to connect to my laptop which has 15 pin female COM output.

The wizard trys to find COM ports 1, 2, 3, 4, then comes with an error code 2.

I hooked it up to the alarm brain with the Ignition on and in Valet modevia the remote.

What could be the problem, do I need to configure my Laptop ports or something?

Thanks

(;-)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
The fact is the default valet code WAS 2, had all the Wiz problems you mentioned which is why I try not to use it.  Suggest metering the valet switch to see if it still works, or cut and loop to test it.
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Howie, I managed to drag my PC out next to the car, it connects! the default Valet code was displayed as 2. I changed it to another number& tried testing the valet switch, it still doesn't accept the code.

I know the switch is working as I can access the events recall of triggers, by pressing flat button on valet switch, then arming & disarming. The LED starts to flash, corresponding with the triggered sensors.

I also have spare valet switch (top half) from my concept 600, which I also tried, still no luck. The connection at the brain seens ok so its still got me guessing.

How do I do about testing continuity with my DMM, and also hoiw do I loop test?

Thanks

(;-)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
That's where I usually dip into my parts bin and try a spare!
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

LoL! I guess u must have a large parts bin at your disposal!

when metering to find a fault, do I connect the probs at the brain end with the switch attached? what sort of voltage should I be looking for.

secondly, how do I cut & loop?

regards

(;-)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Probe at switch plug each side to brain. The cut and loop isn't neccessary, the blank side works. Any competent installer keeps spare remotes, batteries, LED's Valet switches etc.
Sungura222 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

I'm 100% sure you are more than a competent Installer, your posts prove it!lost clifford valet code intelliguard850 -- posted image.

I let you know the findings once have the valet switch metered.

Thanks again

(;-)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic