icon

09 cobalt ss alarm and stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswalker12 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
im pretty stuck here, could use some help. 09 cobalt ss, installed pioneer avic z1, 4 new memphis speakers, 2 memphis subs, memphis hybrid amp, also a compustar alarm/start pro system. 3 problems, i have anoying engine noise, tried some filters but they didnt work, i heard pioneer decks suck for engine noise, just wondering if there are any other ideas. Also my remote start works but sometimes takes 2 or 3 or 4 times cranking to start, also quite anoying. and my favorite, after 15 minutes of driving normally, now my blower fan and wipers stop working, ever since the install. Ive triple checked wirring and its all good, i soldered all connections to avoid any problems, ive got a feeling my bcm is somehow now fried. im stuck and open to any and all ideas 
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

unplug your rca's going into your amps, do you still get engine noise?  if so you may want to try a different pair, now about your remote starter, what bypass mod did you use, your vehicle requires a PKUGM2X or XKO6 with PKG7 2.0 fireware, that will probibly fix the crank and the blower fan wiper problem

triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
On your music separate the power cable and the ground cables run them on each side of the car if possible,. and on the rca cables use shielded cables like (monster) also if possible use more than one ground, you really dont need those filters.Follow those simple steps and all that hum should go away.
triniforever
chriswalker12 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
if i unplug cables, the noise is gone, im using memphis cables. I added another ground but its still there, battery's in the trunk and i routed the cables on opposite sides but its still there.  for remote start im using idata link, ADS-AL(DL) GM2 and the program for my car was installed when i bought it, even double checked with a new one. Now ive completly removed that box and wirring and blower fan and wipers still cut out, pretty sure BCM's toast.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2009 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic