icon

matrix 50.5x problem with remote?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wizardofhyd 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Installed a Clifford 50.5x in my 05 Dodge Ram diesel 1 year ago, it's been working sweet, until the battery in the remote died. I changed the battery as I normally would, it played the cool song but when I tried to use the remote the truck wouldn't do anything. Couldn't disarm or remote start. The remote would give the 3 beep out of range sound.
Decided to use key with valet switch to disarm truck, then I realized that the remote beeped when the alarm was going off. Alarm is now in valet mode.
Seems that I can receive signals from the truck but can't transmit to it.
Tried reseating the antenna cable on the brain and the antenna, that didn't work, I tried to power off the alarm and back on by DC the fuses but no use either. Did notice the the RX would still flash even when the fuse was pulled and the alarm was off, not sure if it supposed to always flash RX. FWIW I have to other cars, but they have the RX 3.5
Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Thanks
wizardofhyd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone, help please
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
try pulling the battery for your remote for several minutes
wizardofhyd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2009 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
robertsc
Thanks for the tip, tried it yesterday and it didn't work :-( I was hoping that it would do the trick, so I decided to leave the battery out overnight but that didn't cure it.
Anymore ideas?
thanks
wizardofhyd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any ideas??
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
try reprogramming remote?
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
wizardofhyd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Bnluis,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I know that there is the little button on the back of the remote, so should I go into there to make some changes Or do you mean I should delete the remotes from the brain and try adding it back?
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

you need to find the valet button

turn the ignition on press and release the button once

press it again and hold it down

now press a button on your remote

wizardofhyd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Finally had some time off, and tried programming the remote, as Bnluis and robertsc suggested. The alarm went into the learn mode as normal, got the beep after 3 seconds and the LED flashed once, then I hit the lock button on the remote, and nothing happened :-( I was really hoping this would work. The remote didn't even give the 3 beeps as if it was out of range, it was silent. I tried removing the battery from the remote and it played the song, and flashes the RX icon as normal, when I press a button it flashes TX but there is no response from the alarm.
So does that mean that the remote is bad or worst yet that the brain is bad? In that case anyone know of a good online source to buy either a new remote or complete unit?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
wizardofhyd 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2009 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
The good news is that today I got the remote to work. Wooohooo
Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that, in my tired and frustrated mood, the last time I tried the learn routine I wasn't exactly following the procedure that robertsc outlined above. I was turning the ignition on and then back off which is the System features learn routine NOT to be confused with the Transmitter/receiver learn routine where you leave the ignition on, which is where I should have been.
Let's just say I felt like an A1 doodie head matrix 50.5x problem with remote? -- posted image. For an entire month that I was running outside in the cold to start the truck. Well you live and you learn. Only goes to show that instructions only work if you follow them matrix 50.5x problem with remote? -- posted image.
Thanks to all who replied. I hope this helps someone else
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic