remote start first time, 02 sequoia, 06 sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ando1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hello All,
First of all I want to say that these forums are great and I have been reading them for a while now. I love the vast array of information they provide.
I picked up a couple of Python 1400xp’s RS’s from my local CC the other day (great deal at $35/ea) and was thinking of installing them myself in our 2 cars. The first car is a2002 Sequoia and the second is a 2006 Sienna.
Car#1: 2002 Sequoia:
Here are the features I want using the RS FOB:
- Arm/disarm the OEM alarm
- Lock/Unlock the doors
- Control the heat / AC and rear defroster
- Start the car remotely
Car#2: 2006 Sienna:
Here are the features I want using the RS FOB:
- Arm/disarm the OEM alarm
- Lock/Unlock doors
- Control the left and right power sliding doors
- Open/Close the power rear hatch
- Control the heat / AC and rear defroster
- Start the car remotely
I have read in multiple posts that the sliding doors and the hatch can be direct wired to the RS control unit and it seems pretty easy. I am concerned that since the 1400xp only has 2 AUX outputs that I will not have enough to open the doors and the hatch separately, is that correct?
Also, as I am no stranger to installing mobile electronics such as car stereos and amps, I have never attempted a RS before. Is this something I should leave to a professional and if so what could I expect to pay (ballpark) to have these installed with the requested features?
Thanks in advance,
Andy
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
the locks on that sequoia are a pain, if this is your first i wouldn't try it without some type of supervision from someone who knows something. RS is a whole different animal from installing a simple radio. there are no oem install harnesses to help you out. if you take it to a shop you might expect to pay between $100 up to $250 per vehicle depending on the shop
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
if you don't mind both sliding door coming open at the same time you could use a relay to get the ground and use diode to isolate the two wire for the sliding doors. Don't think i would try it with out a relay might be to much for the negative output.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2009 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
the locks on that sequoia are a pain, if this is your first i wouldn't try it without some type of supervision from someone who knows something.
You could also use a XK01 module for the doorlocks that would make it a lot easier.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
monty_77 wrote:
soundnsecurity wrote:
the locks on that sequoia are a pain, if this is your first i wouldn't try it without some type of supervision from someone who knows something.
You could also use a XK01 module for the doorlocks that would make it a lot easier.
sweet, didn't know they made a data bypass for those locks. guess ive been out of the game for too long
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
Huh...the XK is such a POS it may cause more trouble then it's worth. The locks are not super hard, you need a relay and a few diodes to do them. The sliders and hatch on the Sienna are simple negative pulses, no relays needed. You may have to just do the hatch and one slider tho. Both need the immobilizer bypassed for sure...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
Huh...the XK is such a POS it may cause more trouble then it's worth. ...

what have been your issues

i have seen no problems with it

Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
robertsc wrote:

Mike M2 wrote:
Huh...the XK is such a POS it may cause more trouble then it's worth. ...

what have been your issues

i have seen no problems with it

yeah!! I have also used the xk1 for door locks no programming needed.  1 relay a  few diode work just as good.remote start first time, 02 sequoia, 06 sienna - Last Post -- posted image.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Well it may have been a blanket statement. Some are ok, but by far the most issues here on this site reguarding bypasses begin with XK. As for this case, the amount of time it takes to install an XK is close to the amount of time it takes to run 2 wires in the door and wire up a relay.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
i dont care for anything "XK" for the most part. there are so many other products that are much better.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic