icon

need some serious technical support

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Odessa 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, this is an unexpected problem, well, two problems really.

I installed a mobile pc and lcd monitor in my car.   the PC I am using has a geforce 4 440 mx video card which is pretty high end so that I had the best chances at different settings to work with my mobile monitor.

geforce has a good program called nview which lets you use multiple monitors and tv out components.  to my amazement,  my computer with windows xp professional boots up and displays in widescreen. 

and then to my absolute horror, after weeks of planning and work.  when I start a dvd with the computer, the monitor goes to refresh or something, but stays blank.

is it the mobile lcd monitor not being able to refresh?  it's a legacy 7.2 in l7m model.

the weird thing is, that my computer will boot up on regular pc monitor but when windows starts, no pc monitor will work,  yet it works fine on my  mobile lcd screen.   i could probably pull the video card out to get it to work on pc monitor again, but i don't want to bother is the problem is my mobile pc monitor.

thanks for any help.

Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow. How did it come to this?
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of pc are you using? Try htting the FN button if it has one and F3 at the same that will switch the display.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
what's the "FN" button?
themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

First it has to be a laptop, if it is look down where the windows, alt, ctrl buttons are. Basicly if you will have one if there is writing over the function keys. good luck

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
ohhh yea...I knew thatneed some serious technical support -- posted image. .  Forgot it was a laptop.  Odessa, who's the manufacturer of the laptop?
Odessa 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

it's not a laptop,  I built a clone computer.  it's a 7oo mhz celeron running windows xp professional.

but what button do you mean to hit?  and are you saying it will keep my screen from refreshing,  ?    the monitor goes completely blank when i start a dvd.

I even tried different dvd player programs to eliminate the problem.

Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow. How did it come to this?
themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

Try updating the drivers and check nvida's website for some support. I'll look around and get back to you

iambakerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried chaning the screen resolution on your computer? The resolution may be set too high causing the blank screen. Also check the refresh rate of your settings, some monitors can only handle a certain range of refresh rates. Also Video cards that have dual outputs,(monitor and RCA). have special options in the properties. (right click on the desktop) make sure you have the correct monitor selected and resolution. By pulling the video card out of the machine it "resets" the video card back to the orginal settings, this is why it will work when you pull it out and put it back in. Check your monitor settings. let me know what happens.
iambakerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  
Another note:
Are you using a DVD or a DVD Rip (Divix) CD??, Divix will require a special codec which can be downloaded from the net. without the codec you will either get no picture or no sound. Can provide link if required to download codec.
Odessa 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

I do have the latest driver from invidia.  the dvd's i'm using are commercial and should work fine.

I'm giving up on the pc in car thing, I'm using a regular dvd player now.

but now i''m having trouble hookin up the fm modulator because i'm getting way too much noise.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic