thor remote start on vtr1000 sp1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r.patto 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hi kids

I have installed a thor alarm (dont know model number) on a 2002 honda VTR1000SP1 or RC51. everything works on the alarm thanks to the wiring diagram found on this site only the remote start wont work. The indicators light up like its trying to do something when you push the button but nothing else happens. The wiring diagram says the blue wire needs to  "connect to starter wire"  so i conected it to the starter solinoid which is the same wire that is on the handlebar to start the bike. Strange thing is there is no power to this wire from the alarm unit when its trying to remote start. I obviosly have the wrong connection point anyone have any ideas. I dont want to go hacking at wires to find the right one i like the way the bike isthor remote start on vtr1000 sp1 -- posted image..

the wireing diagram can be found at hsalarms.com if it helps and i cant seem to get info from them as there address for info is non exsistant.

Appreciate your help

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Pull the clutch lever in and see if it will remote start.
r.patto 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

no joy still just get indicators lit up.

Dont think its quite that simple, to start its going to need the ignition to power up as to run the injectors i have a feeling its going to require extra wiring but im not sure and thats why im asking.

thanks though it was worth a try you never know.

r.patto 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

if it helps  http://www.hsalarms.com/wiring.php its the blue wire thats confusing me does it need relays where does the little sucker go to its killing me not knowing. The rest is wired as per diagram and is working flawlesly just no start. i cant give you bike diagram cant find one clear enough and the one that comes with the bike is too small to copy.thor remote start on vtr1000 sp1 -- posted image.

i am an idiot 
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
The blue wire connects to the wire that is attached to the Start button.  Probably on the right handlebar.  However the clutch switch needs to be tripped.  You may look into a velcro strap to wrap around and hold the clutch in.
r.patto 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
shouldnt the nuetral swith and stand swith take care of the clutch lever?. im asuming you mean on the output side of the button. i have it on that one before it goes to the starter solenoid.
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

WIll your bike start without pulling the clutch?   With the key and the start button.

r.patto 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

yes it does unless its in gear then you have to pull the clutch.

the only other thing i noticed is when you hit the remote button to start it there doesent seem to be a signal from the blue wire mind you i tested it with a test light not a multi meter dont know if that helps.

i do appreasiate you trying to help to

r.patto 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  

i tested that blue wire tonight and found it to be only putting out 86mv so it will need a relay to activate the starter but i will still have the problem of no power to turn on injectors and coil. it also wont turn over with the key in the ignition and pushing the button on the remote maybee thats because it needs a relay.

im thinking its not going to work on this particular bike somehow

i am an idiot 
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Was the blue wire connected to anything when you got the 86mv reading?  If it was not connected to anything at that time, it will not trip a relay.  If it was connected to the solenoid wire, a relay may help you.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic