icon

01 mustang radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2009 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
doing a radio install on an 01 mustang with the mach 460 sound system, i have the correct harness for this particular sound system to add an aftermarket HU the head unit only has on pair of pre-outs and the harness for this car has rca jacks on it to power the factory amps, but also needed another pair of pre outs to hook up the aftermarket amp/sub, so i used y-splitter cables and got it all hooked up, but now the subs are not hitting at all like they did before witht the stock head unit.  What is the problem?? ive set all the settings on the radio like they need to be and have the amp up enough and the sub setting on the radio up enough, its like the sub is getting a high pass signal
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
the radio is a jvc KD-R300 and only has one set of pre-outs but it can be rear or selectable sub out so maybe thats why its not working b/c im using y-splitters to hook up the factory amp rca's as well as the aftermarket rca's to power amp/sub
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
use a line output converter for the wire harness and use the JVC sub out
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
ah yeah, well i had a line out converter already hooked to the back speakers for the amp/sub when i had the factory radio b/c i couldnt get a low pass signal behind the radio anywhere so am i gona have to get some kind of 17 foot  extension rca cable with male on one end and female on the other so i can run it back to the rear speaker again for the factory rca wire harness deal?
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
no, you will need a longer set of RCAs to reach the sub amp from the back of the radio and move the LOC to behind the radio for the harness to use. hook it up to the JVC's speaker wires, that way, you will still have control over the sound from the jvc before it goes into the factory amp.
ccityroadshop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
ok i just tryed that, but still was not getting any bass, im not sure why, b/c the radio has a sub level control but its just not getting the right signal so i just hooked it back to the LOC at the rear speakers and it works fine now, but thanks for the input
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
you didn't get any bass with the amp hooked to the sub output of the radio? that doesn't make sense, but whatever works for you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic