icon

zenesis alarm/remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
Has any one come across or installed this product?  They seem to be tied in with Fortin so one would assume reasonable or better quality. Please let me know. regards, Howard.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen these before havent installed but they look similar to magicar systems and a few other off shore brands
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

This is a vendor post on another forum i found....doesn't tie it to magicar, fortin, idatalink, or compustar. It even admits it is #2 behind magicar, which is the japanese distrubutor of compustar. As for reliabilty of the brand....i'm still searching. The system does have some nice features though. Hope someone chimes in that has used this system.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396249

bigbuffs 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
well I have an easycar system that looks exactly the same except for the name. For the most part it is a very good system with great range but of few of the features have never worked right.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the posts mikvot's was very helpful, now I need someone who's tried one recently.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
I ought to explain, there is only one source of alarm AND R/S products in this country I wont say their name but their products can be reptilian,  the latest 900mhz product may not appear here,  I don't rate them since the last good product was G4 (AG5 etc) from a company they now own (by good I mean well made, durable and does exactly what it says on the label). 2 points. With a 1 mile range how practical is that with an R/S, and even if the alarm triggers what can you do when you're a mile away?  Also the problems with their latest remotes and the various interfaces. I've been on their site  and can't seem to get my head round the different interfaces, even for the same vehicle added to the fact that the interface for the US built Civic with French Valeo transponder doesn't work on the UK built version, also with French Valeo  transponder!  Hell apart from E46 BMW's (556U whilst I can still get it) I'm still pulling the chips from the keys and adhering them to the ignition key antenna housing. This unfortunately means I can't do many of the latest vehicles, Ford Focus US wiring is now very different from the Euro Version, The Euro RS (what a hottie it would murder any Jap Fast and Furious except the new Skyline) is a kludge of Volvo and Ford bits. What a mess.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
hey howie, the NA distrubitor is in town where i live. They are on Young Street Toronto, Ontario. Anyways, from what i hear, the lead engineer of compustar left, and made his own company called easycaralrms america. Easy car was then bought out by zenesis. IMO, i have installed a few so far. not bad at all. you get more bang for th ebuck compared to a compustar pro system.  The first gen had a crappy menu, but the new revised edition has better software for its remotes and it finally has a bit writer. if you need more info howie, just email me.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
btw i used to distribute for easycar when they were still their own company. i talked to a few shop owners and go them to buy the unit. Its fairly cheap. Retail is 400 installed including bypass. Unit itself is about 140 @ wholesale of 100units.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Ted
dman01 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
hey Howie,
I have the product installed on my car, all the features work great, remote starts beautifully and is very reliable.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic