icon

estimated values?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boug0752 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
I am selling my system to a friend but would like to know what you guys think that my stuff is actually worth....
Kicker 800.2
Kicker L5 (Dual 4 Ohm)
Kicker 12" Sub Grill
KQ3 Active 3-way Crossover
1 Farad Memphis Capacitor
Custom Engineered Ported Carpeted Box
Everything is in mint condition and has been well taken care of. Any suggestions on what you guys think the values are?
Thanks,
Jon
If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
I'll give ya twelve bucks for the lot. It's Kicker... Overrated and overpriced to begin with, and worth even less used!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Come on you guys, I just need a general number. I really don't have any clue on what this stuff is worth anymore. I don't want to screw over my friend but I definitely don't want to screw myself over either.
If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
search on ebay and see what they are going for.
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
An honest, no bull answer? Well FIRST of all, eBay is a good option, there is also a Kelley Blue Book for figuring the value of used car audio gear. Thirdly, between the two of you, work something out... You tell him what you're willing to accept for the gear, and let him offer what he's willing to pay. An easy way - you put your number on a paper, and he does the same - exchange them...
The amp can be bought new today for 200. The woofer, from 150. The grille is worth 5 bucks. The cap can be had new for 75. A GOOD quality 3-way crossover, 75.
My math says that I can get EVERYTHING for 600, and that's NEW. Car audio doesen't hold value well, babied or not. 30 to 50 percent of new, TOPS. Start your bargaining in the 180 to 300 range. The box, I'm afraid, will be a "gimme", a loss...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
there is a KBB for used car audio stuff?
haemphyst 
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Yes.
haemphyst 
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Yes.
Well... I don't see it on KBB.com anymore, but I know there USED to be a KBB for used car audio. I used it on a daily basis when I was installing/selling. This WAS in the early 90's though, so it may or may not be a current product. I put in a request at the website to see what happened to this product, and as I hear about it, I'll update this thread.
biowyo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

Have to agree with haemphyst on this.  Kicker is very overpriced for what it is.

I would at least try to get $75 for the box though.  But only if it was made for the subs.  A cheap prefab box costs that much.

boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate everyone's response to this thread. I have told my friend $250 and he jumped all over it so I guess he didn't feel screwed...haha.
As for the KBB, I never knew about that. It would've been nice to have around now for sure.
As for the box, it was engineered and designed in Pro/Engineer utilizing a fluid flow program. I am a degreed Mechanical Engineer so it's certainly not your run of a mil prefab box.
Thanks for all you guys help!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic