icon

sigh how to bridge?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nvisible1 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
i shoulda re-worded it, yea its in protection but why, gain and doodie is too high im guessin'....
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Too low of an Ohm load, bad power or ground connection, the amp is being overdriven and it is trying to protect your speakers.  Could be any of those, never heard of doodie causing an amp to go into protect.
nvisible1 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
alright then son, and your not an idiot...
nvisible1 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
yea doodie will do it sometime but, another question, i bought my speakers brand spankin new, hooked them to the amp, worked fine, no prob, then i tried to bridge them to the amp, a big no-no im findin out, now every time i hook a sub to a channel it makes this rediculous pounding even when the song is paused, holler at me mr idiot....
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2009 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
nvisible1 wrote:
ahhh, thats how i have it already, i thought i could wire my subs like that then wire them to the amp in bridge mode or however you say it....what does it mean if i turn the volume of my deck up then my amp shuts off and i gotta take the deck off then put it back on so it'll beat aain?...
Wait... So you say you wired BOTH woofers in parallel, and then you STILL bridged the amp? That's .5 ohms, dude, as in ONE HALF OHM. Four times what the amp is designed to run. Wire them in stereo mode, with one woofer on each terminal. i am an idiot even told you to not bridge the amp.
nvisible1 wrote:
yea doodie will do it sometime but, another question, i bought my speakers brand spankin new, hooked them to the amp, worked fine, no prob, then i tried to bridge them to the amp, a big no-no im findin out, now every time i hook a sub to a channel it makes this rediculous pounding even when the song is paused, holler at me mr idiot....
If you did it (bridged the amp) anyway, and now the amp is doing things it didn't USED to do, then you may have damaged it. It's likely fried.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
nvisible1 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2009 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
I guess I'll never do dumb doodie like that again...thanks for that replies fellers...
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic