icon

problem with my clifford g5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
Just connect the ignition key side, rejoined to the ignition, reconnect starter cut as before. I think either a bad joint did you install it yourself? Or you wired key side and ignition side the wrong way round. The proof of that would be that a) You could turn alarm on and of with igntion on, b) You couldn't enter programming mode. I've only once had a starter circuit fail (recently on a G5 650 Mk ll, which is the biggest selling alarm in Europe) and never on a G4.
dragtuners 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

OK ill try to answer

yes i did it my self the installation

the answers to

a) with out changing the wires as of now the alarm can't be turn on o off with the ignition on

b) i am able to enter the program mode as the wire are now

i haven't change the wires should i do it and test

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok you've wired your key side of the ignition correctly and the joint (soldered?) is OK we now have to go the other, (IGNITION) side and check if you get 12volts + when alarm is off and key is in ignition position.
dragtuners 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Ok you've wired your key side of the ignition correctly and the joint (soldered?) is OK we now have to go the other, (IGNITION) side and check if you get 12volts + when alarm is off and key is in ignition position.

i finally found the problem and it was i was using the wrong wire instead of the BLACK/ white i cut the white /black in the ignition side change that and the problem was solve

thanks a lot guys you rock problem with my clifford g5 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

LOL now to my new dilemma

i have 2 smart windows sets i will like to connect the windows and the sunroof to be able to close them when the alarm activate any ideas guys

thank

dragtuners 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
any ideas guys i am so new at this i don't know where to start
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Is this vehicle 2 or 4 doors? If 2 you will only need one smart windows. Wire as they say, to the motor wires in each door then use the programming part of your installation guide, follow it exactly to make it all work.
dragtuners 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

is a 2 doors i want to be able to do the sunroof and the 2 windows

i have 1 more Q? where is beter to get the wires tothe sunroof from the relay o the switch

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
The Smart windows will do the windows, wire directly to the motor wires. Don't think it will do the roof, haven't you got a finger trap about 6" from slide close. Actually the roof's easy, find the open and close relays, usually at top of kickpanel, find the thin lead which goes live on ignition, (GREEN/ YELLOW?) make it permanent then go to the switch and simply ground one of the wires to the alarm's aux output. That will give you roof close. Set the aux for 10 secs or measure the time it takes to reach the trap, say 4secs, set the aux for timed at 5 secs, it hits the trap, hit the aux button again, job done.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic