icon

remote starter for a 2005 duramax

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djp1965 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2009 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I have been unable to find this info yet.  I have a 2005 Duramax Crew Cab with an automatic transmission and I would like to install a remote starter and also a module or modules to automatically roll up the windows when I arm the security system.  What would be the best way to do this and what remote starter and roll up module should I use?  I have read about these bypass modules like the XK01, would these be the best way to go to interfacing a remote starter and window modules into my stock security system, and if so which bypass module would be the best for providing the most options?  I would like to keep using the stock system, so is it possible to do this using the stock system?  Thanks in advance for any info that can be provided for these questions.

djp1965 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Nobody has any advise on what would be the best way to do this, even if it is just a personal opinion on what equipment they think is better than another is fine.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have had really good luck with both astro start and compustar
Compustar is probably an easier install that's just my thoughts
As for a window roll up dei makes a module 430t
I would leave the factory system alone and just add something to it you can control all of it from an aftermarket system locks alarm etc
As far as bypass pick your choice I like fortin but go to a shop and see what is available in your area you need a data module to control door locks factory alarm and some will do door pins as well as tach and park lights
This is an easy truck to do but it's not hard to screw it up too
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
1. Use the search feature. GM 2003-2006 fullsize trucks are all the same, and there is lots of good information here.
2. As far as I know, XK01 is the only databus module that'll do the window rollup without having to run wires into the door.
You could use a 530T for the windows, but installation is much more time consuming, involving running wires into both front doors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic