fortin passlock sl2 bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gregbbb 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I have a 1998 chev cavalier and installed a viper 5901 and used a fortin passlockSL2 bypass.

All has worked great untill I used my cruse control today.

I have the fortin passlock SL2 and I have been having a problem, when I remote start only
and after key take over if i use my cruse control the theft light comes on, but it
dont come on when I use the key, I thought maybe I didnt have the bulb test wire right but I am
almost shure I have that right one any idea's?
thanks!!

shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
The module isn't sending out the proper resistance that the car needs try reprograming the module
The car needs to see a resistance and if it is slighly off it turns the light on but will still start the car I've seen this a few times on gms
You might have to take the module out and use a relay and a resistor to solve this problem that would be your best fix
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
gregbbb 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

At first I thought I didnt have the right bulb test wire and maybe the cruse wire?

I just used the wire that fortin tells you to use in there guide,  they say it is the small black wire next to the two 2 red red 12 volt main power wires is this right?

After you remote start and drive slow (under 30 mph ) you can hit the cruse buton like crazy and no theft light but when you get over 30mph and the cruse sets thats when the light comes on.

Would it be any better to use the XK06 XPRESSKIT ?

Thanks

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

A DEI 555L would work great for you if you can get one.  I've used those for years without ever a problem on your Cavalier

At the Ignition switch there are two plugs, one has the two RED power wires that one also has the small Black Blub Check wire

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic