icon

best way to reverse polarity on solenoid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fisherangel7 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

best way to reverse polarity on solenoid - Page 5 -- posted image.

Since you say in left relay :

"Everything else is as shown  "   seems to say leave 85 leftRelay connected  to both 87 pins, and also to 86 rightRelay , but later you say connect the 86RRelay "directly  to ground".    Also presuming you mean to leave both 87a's to ground as well.   Ok.. maybe I'm wrong but it looks like the NC pins are 30 to 87a in both relays.. both to ground it looks like. 

But if thats true: then when either relay actuates (because you said connect 86R "directly to ground"  its just the same thing. you are connecting from ground to ground and the other terminal 30 is still also connected to ground. 

I would presume this was a mistake on your part? : You probably meant to say leave 86R-85L to ground and 87R -87L both  connected to 12 + as it was originally shown

This type of thing is why we request the "time of day" (schematic) < THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP!  I think this may be the solution (THE RIGHT Schematic ) 

THANKS AGAIN !!

fisherangel7 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MAY THE GOOD SPIRIT KEEP YOU IN GOOD SPIRIT AND GOOD "SPIRITS" AS WELL !  

The thing about dancing with the devil is that there is always a new twist and he can keep speeding up the pace as well until ...  !  But of course that is the idea behind the mother of invention!

ID:  YOU  helped us  find one solution.. THANKS !

KEVIN:  The twist was a different problem: and YOU gave us that one as well.  THANKS !  

WIN - WIN !

Now when we have tons of juice we can do one.. when we have little juice we can do the other.  Win-Win.

Don't worry about riches;  those who are first will be last and those who are last will be first in the kingdom to come !

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  

Neither of the diagrams you posted will work.  I did not make any mistakes, all my changes were correct.  When I said to connect pin 86 on the right relay to ground , I meant ONLY that pin, otherwise I would have told you to change the other pins as well.

Connect pin 86 on the right relay to ground.  Disconnect it from the other pins that it is currently connected to and don't change any of the other pins.

You still haven't told us what this is for - we've offered quite a bit of help and you've given us nothing. 

Kevin Pierson
fisherangel7 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

Its for a special project. 

But you in your wisdom did not specifically say to disconnect pin from anything.. that brought on the confusion.  

Cheer up  you just helped the alternative energy efforts !!

Blessed are the feet of those who bring the message of peace !

kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

I got lost on this one too.  I'm getting ready to hook my rear Optima up with a Continuous-Duty Solenoid.  My starter/alternator expert friend who has rebuilt them since he was in diapers told me this was what I needed to use rather than a battery isolator.  He explained it all, and it all made sense.  He said when I went looking for one, just tell them if they ask for the application that it is for a Warn Winch.  I did find one online.  Then my buddy drew me a little diagram of how easy it is to hook up.  Piece of cake. 

But this original post and subsequent ones lost me a long time ago.  Never did really figure out what it is that this solenoid was supposed to do.

Anyway, I hope the OP has good luck and finds his answers.

Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic