icon

help with magicar FAI-800 2way LCD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
legend9 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

Does anybody knows where I can download the manual? I have the installation diagram, but needs the manual to set up tach learning, etc. Any help would be great.

2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
The magicar installation manual contains numerous errors & will not let you into the tach mode if you follow the procedure listed in it.
legend9 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, then what is the best way to resolve this? What you are saying is that this alarm is useless? Is there a way to make it learn the TACH ?
Loaded98LS 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2003 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Legend9,

2vmodular and I were the ones that used a majicar kit. It was for my wife's minivan. We did indeed have some questions installing it as it was a complex 2way unit. I am not sure on the tach learning, but we had it working fine for 1 week, but removed it because it was WAY to sophisticated of a system for her. She did not need all the advanced features or the included alarm.

In retrospect I realized this was a poor choice for my wife's van. She did not need an alarm, and only needed a simple 'point and shoot' remote start. This majicar was overkill for the application. After the first week installed, 2Vmodular and I choose to install a basic one way remote start. No alarm, no arming or disarming, no confusion, much better.

The majicar system I have is in the box and has the manual I believe you were looking for. It was used for one week, and both expertly installed and removed. If you are interested in buying a complete spare unit, let me know. I would be interested in finding a home for this one. The spare remote alone would probably be both hard to find, and over $75 to purchase. I did not care for the included one way remote with the antenna. Anyone purchasing this for a spare system would give themselves a system with two full LCD remotes, and one spare of every other part.

Let me know, I have had been considering putting it on ebay, as I have her car all set with a simple setup.

Used one week, new condition, how does $80 bucks shipped sound? That is half of what I paid for it..

Good luck either way!

Errol

Loaded98LS 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2003 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, email is gotya@crownvic.net

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic